News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Folks, can we keep this thread for discussion of the operator Chaserider please?

For discussion of wider-reaching topics, please start a new thread or use an existing one.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Bob on November 22, 2021, 06:43:20 PM
Cant see it having any effect other than no longer interworking

I'm guessing the 1640 from Walsall was running late tonight, as I saw one at Asda Bloxwich traffic lights & I was surprised there was a fair few passengers on board.

Rough guess, six or seven, compared to one or two at my time of the morning, but despite being slightly late this morning, they managed another 3 at Hospital Street,  on top of the  original 2!

Westy

Quote from: Westy on November 22, 2021, 10:56:12 PM
I'm guessing the 1640 from Walsall was running late tonight, as I saw one at Asda Bloxwich traffic lights & I was surprised there was a fair few passengers on board.

Rough guess, six or seven, compared to one or two at my time of the morning, but despite being slightly late this morning, they managed another 3 at Hospital Street,  on top of the  original 2!

This morning, one already on, who got off at the stop after me, plus me!

Westy

Changes on the company website bus timetable page now.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Westy on November 24, 2021, 07:04:02 AM
Changes on the company website bus timetable page now.
I cant see anything

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 24, 2021, 07:23:54 AM
I cant see anything

You have to click on the actual route and it says "we regret the service is withdrawn from 9th Jan due to low passenger numbers"

Westy

I've been told from 'elsewhere' a letter is going into Staffs Council about the loss of the Cheslyn Hay to Walsall link.

BusMan Greg

The 25A and 26A are being withdrawn too

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on November 24, 2021, 09:55:19 AM
I've been told from 'elsewhere' a letter is going into Staffs Council about the loss of the Cheslyn Hay to Walsall link.
Always amazes me how many people will bemoan the loss of a service that many of them DON'T use and do it just for effect! I wonder if the "elsewhere" have or do actually use the services (very few if any I would wager).

Still, gives the local press a chance to publish the obligatory, "Outraged standing by vacant bus stop" photo ;)

Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Quote from: Wumpty on November 24, 2021, 12:16:02 PM
Always amazes me how many people will bemoan the loss of a service that many of them DON'T use and do it just for effect! I wonder if the "elsewhere" have or do actually use the services (very few if any I would wager).

Still, gives the local press a chance to publish the obligatory, "Outraged standing by vacant bus stop" photo ;)
I have found the source of the "elsewhere". Link below.
https://twitter.com/GWCHCommunity/status/1463280572013371400
An ex poster on this forum I believe. Have to wonder if he actually used this service though.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Wumpty

Quote from: 2206 on November 24, 2021, 12:21:06 PM
I have found the source of the "elsewhere". Link below.
https://twitter.com/GWCHCommunity/status/1463280572013371400
An ex poster on this forum I believe. Have to wonder if he actually used this service.

Good Lord - I'm sure Staffordshire County Council will be quaking in their boots!

Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Hope the Saturday 25 that Eddie Hughes organised for the Stafford Road is still running ok, else he's back to square one?

I guess the Sunday X51 to Cannock is doing ok, if the 25a & 26a are being withdrawn.

I don't think there's been an half hourly Sunday frequency between  Walsall & Cannock since the mid 80's, with the 301 & 302.

In fact, come to think of it, the current link from Cheslyn Hay to Walsall direct,  didn't start till the mid 70's.

Previously Walsall Corp then Wmpte ran a service from Cheslyn Hay to Cannock,  which continued to Walsall via Norton Canes & Lime Lane (I think?) through Pelsall.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Westy on November 24, 2021, 10:29:23 PM
Previously Walsall Corp then Wmpte ran a service from Cheslyn Hay to Cannock,  which continued to Walsall via Norton Canes & Lime Lane (I think?) through Pelsall.

Correct - it was Walsall Corporation 17, renumbered 348 by WMPTE in 1976.  I don't think it was aimed at through Cheslyn Hay - Walsall traffic, as it was a 1950s merger of two services: 17 Cannock - Walsall, and 22 Cheslyn Hay - Cannock - Heath Hayes.

Walsall Corporation also operated a service 18 Great Wyrley - Cheslyn Hay - Broad Lane - Bloxwich.  In WMPTE days was merged with ex-Wolverhampton Corporation Cheslyn Hay services to form 55/57 Wolverhampton - Bloxwich via Essington and Broad Lane, with alternate journeys (the 55) doing a huge mid-route loop via Cheslyn Hay and Landywood.

Westy

Quote from: Justin Tyme on November 24, 2021, 10:56:04 PM
Correct - it was Walsall Corporation 17, renumbered 348 by WMPTE in 1976.  I don't think it was aimed at through Cheslyn Hay - Walsall traffic, as it was a 1950s merger of two services: 17 Cannock - Walsall, and 22 Cheslyn Hay - Cannock - Heath Hayes.

Walsall Corporation also operated a service 18 Great Wyrley - Cheslyn Hay - Broad Lane - Bloxwich.  In WMPTE days was merged with ex-Wolverhampton Corporation Cheslyn Hay services to form 55/57 Wolverhampton - Bloxwich via Essington and Broad Lane, with alternate journeys (the 55) doing a huge mid-route loop via Cheslyn Hay and Landywood.

Saved me having to dig out the old timetables at 10pm!:)

Actually managed to miss the 1 this morning, as I think he was slightly early.

(Pretty sure the Itv clock was before 640am!)

So a quick race round to Bloxwich Road!

Bob

Quote from: Justin Tyme on November 24, 2021, 10:56:04 PM

Didnt the 348 eventually end up as a Csnnock to Norton Canes off peak ssrvice?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk