News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Bob on November 02, 2021, 06:15:52 PM
Theres also 9 vehicles VOR at the moment plus two broken down Solos today 🤣🤣🤣

9 vehicles VoR is not exceptional in a garage that size.

NXWM Pensnett has 10 as I type, although yesterday they managed to not lose a single mile through engineering as they didn't have a single breakdown or change bus required all day which is quite an achievement with 91 buses on the road

Bob

Cannocks only got about 51 buses so its nearly a fifth of the fleet. Add on the two breakdowns today at it is a fifth. I cant see people sticking with the 1 given its level of unreliability.

Bob

NX would wipe the floor with Chaserider if they ran the 1

Tony

Quote from: Bob on November 02, 2021, 07:04:23 PM
NX would wipe the floor with Chaserider if they ran the 1

Unfortunately with not enough drivers any company would struggle at the moment including NX

Bob

Quote from: Tony on November 02, 2021, 07:17:01 PM
Unfortunately with not enough drivers any company would struggle at the moment including NX

True, and factor in that most of the vehicles used on the 1 are pretty decrepit minibuses, with the resultant reliability issues and youve got a perfect storm. 90 mins is pretty bad for a gap in service plus the first and last journeys not even running

Westy

But would Nx consider the 1 anyway, without the Covid complication, seeing they already run the X51?

I'm probably resigned to losing the bus down my road again, but why don't they just concentrate on the one route, more likely the 74, while this situation continues,  perhaps sticking an earlier journey in for the Cheslyn Hay passengers?

Vulcan

Under Arriva the spare vehicles were reduced to 11% across the board
On Cannocks PVR the allocation were 6 so 9 plus dead is very high
I can't recall ever having a day of no engineering lost miles, thought things would
improve under a private operator !

Bob

Quote from: Westy on November 02, 2021, 07:39:22 PM
But would Nx consider the 1 anyway, without the Covid complication, seeing they already run the X51?

I'm probably resigned to losing the bus down my road again, but why don't they just concentrate on the one route, more likely the 74, while this situation continues,  perhaps sticking an earlier journey in for the Cheslyn Hay passengers?

The 74 hardly ever has anyone on it. The only busy stretch is Cannock to Stafford

Westy

The first number 1 turned up this morning,  for anyone keeping score!

BusMan Greg

Solo 178 back out and painted into the black 'radio' livery, similar to 179

Westy

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 03, 2021, 06:28:51 PM

Must admit the number 1 I saw was a Cannock Chase bus, but didn't check the number!

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 03, 2021, 06:28:51 PM

It'll get a lot of sightings via Coach Aid 😜

BusMan Greg

Little to no changes since June. It's all gone quiet lol

BusMan Greg

Chaserider have reduced the frequency of the 3 from every 30 mins to every hour from the 15th of this month.

Westy

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 06, 2021, 08:19:20 PM
Chaserider have reduced the frequency of the 3 from every 30 mins to every hour from the 15th of this month.

That should impact the 1 as well, if it still interworks?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk