News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

What did they actually do 'behind the scenes ', while the temporary cutbacks were on?

I presume they did do something to the inherited fleet other than start the repainting process?

Bob

The Solos/Volvos that have been sprayed havent had an internal refurb, apparently its not D & G policy. Some are pretty rough internally

Westy

Quote from: Bob on June 22, 2021, 10:51:41 PM
The Solos/Volvos that have been sprayed havent had an internal refurb, apparently its not D & G policy. Some are pretty rough internally

What about 'mechanically '?

Bob

Quote from: Westy on June 23, 2021, 10:24:48 AM
What about 'mechanically '?

Well...given that the Solos break down daily lol

Westy

Apparently bus 24, on the 1, has broken down in Walsall Bus Station, blocking the X51, X529 & 41 stand!

Bob

Quote from: Westy on June 23, 2021, 04:18:48 PM
Apparently bus 24, on the 1, has broken down in Walsall Bus Station, blocking the X51, X529 & 41 stand!

Looking good 🤣

BusMan Greg

24 was the one that got swapped mid shift on the 61 yesterday!

Bob

18.27 no 74 cannock to stafford hasnt turned up disappeared off bus times etc no replacement with a 1hr wait. Youd think with the amount of breakdowns and missed journeys VOSA might check them out as buses are breaking own a lot

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Bob on June 29, 2021, 06:39:29 PM
18.27 no 74 cannock to stafford hasnt turned up disappeared off bus times etc no replacement with a 1hr wait. Youd think with the amount of breakdowns and missed journeys VOSA might check them out as buses are breaking own a lot
Funny you should say that, at around 17.50 a recovery vehicle was seen in Stafford coupling up to the back of 104 which has been on the 841's all day! Explains why I seen an SR heading to Uttoxeter with '70 Huntington' on the blinds....

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on June 29, 2021, 09:37:46 PM
Funny you should say that, at around 17.50 a recovery vehicle was seen in Stafford coupling up to the back of 104 which has been on the 841's all day! Explains why I seen an SR heading to Uttoxeter with '70 Huntington' on the blinds....

104 broke down on the 1 last week or week before. And 106 broke down same day in bus stn lol. Solos arent really good for interurbans

Bob

162 broke down on the 70 me and my mate were on into Wolves on 21st May and hasnt been out since. Acouple of days after another 09 plate SR broke down on the railway bridge at Hednesford. Dart broke down on 74 on Monday and was replaced by 104 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Bob on June 29, 2021, 11:06:00 PM
162 broke down on the 70 me and my mate were on into Wolves on 21st May and hasnt been out since. Acouple of days after another 09 plate SR broke down on the railway bridge at Hednesford. Dart broke down on 74 on Monday and was replaced by 104 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I remember seeing a timetable for the 70 from 2007 during the old 'Chaselinx' days! It ran every 20 mins then! Now reduced to hourly with Solo's/Solo SR's being the main face before the June 21st changes took place. How times have changed......

I suggested to D&G in a recent survey they launched on the Chaserider website that they should add a couple of later trips on the 70! Doubt it will happen unfortunatly as it all boils down to demand! which there is a lack of I'm afraid!

j789

Maybe this company is just being 'innovative'. Make the passengers more thankful when a bus does actually turn up, something along those lines perhaps. It's probably NXWM fault somehow!

Bob

Looks like something was up with the sole scania on X14 today got replaced with a Volvo for 2nd journey...and although its not that accurate according the bustimes Solo broke down on 62 this morning and its been a bus down all day

Bob

The Volvo on the X14 has now been replaced with  Solo pulled from the 1/3. One of the poorer Solos too ..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk