News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: DJ on January 17, 2021, 10:35:30 AM
Yeah, along with the original Chaserider, which was red and white with a touch of yellow.

Not the original.

That was NBC red with a white band above the windows, and a white band below the windows with the name Chaserider on the higher white band.

DJ

Quote from: Tony on January 17, 2021, 10:41:46 AM
Not the original.

That was NBC red with a white band above the windows, and a white band below the windows with the name Chaserider on the higher white band.

Ah right, that one completely slipped my mind. It was one of the MAPs, wasn't it?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Fred

Steveminor

We are in lockdown 3 you know

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Fred on January 19, 2021, 04:52:23 PM
And  now cuts to the 2 as well.

So much for a brand new dawn!
You'll probably find that these are lockdown restrictions, you may have jumped too soon on this one !

l.murphy123

Yes they are lockdown timetables. Shame the can't curtail it to cover more of our village for better connections to the X51. I'm told TfWM are looking to provide a service for Turnberry estate in the interim.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Steveminor

If you look at the timetable it's a clear 2 bus pvr that's probably why they chose cheslyn hay

Straightlines

Given the support to the industry by CBSSG, it's quite surprising that Chaserider are so keen to make such drastic cuts. Ultimately, I guess if I was a key or essential worker that used the number 2 service, I would probably move to the X51 and never look back!  So much for grand improvements over the previous operator of buses in Cannock...

metrocity

Quote from: Straightlines on January 20, 2021, 07:57:55 AM
Given the support to the industry by CBSSG, it's quite surprising that Chaserider are so keen to make such drastic cuts. Ultimately, I guess if I was a key or essential worker that used the number 2 service, I would probably move to the X51 and never look back!  So much for grand improvements over the previous operator of buses in Cannock...
Perhaps they are taking the opportunity to cut some of the dead wood !

Tony

Quote from: metrocity on January 20, 2021, 08:08:32 AM
Perhaps they are taking the opportunity to cut some of the dead wood !

Probably more to do with staff availabilty

MW

Prior to the sale, in October, there was a driver agency recruiting for Arriva Cannock. £15/hour on a 8 week contract. I wish I took the job now lol.

l.murphy123

The 71 runs hourly for links between Cheslyn Hay and Great Wyrley, it crosses over with the X51 on Hilton Lane where our RTPI displays are.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

BusMan Greg

Quote from: l.murphy123 on January 20, 2021, 08:30:50 PM
The 71 runs hourly for links between Cheslyn Hay and Great Wyrley, it crosses over with the X51 on Hilton Lane where our RTPI displays are.
Another useful note is that select accept Stafford & Cannock local tickets issued by D&G (but only accepted within the local zone). So chaserider local tickets can still be used in Great Wyrley!

Fred

Quote from: Straightlines on January 20, 2021, 07:57:55 AM

Indeed, why would anyone go back to the 2 after being so unceremoniously dumped by the new company. Why step away completely from a route? I strongley suspect that the 2 won't go back after lockdown.

Meanwhile, lockdown 3 seems to have had no impact on the Pye Green services that still run every 15 mins. In both directions. Lots of driver hours to be saved there by dropping to every 20 mins if staffing is the real reason for the cut to the 2.

andy41

There’s no indication it’s a permanent change, but I wouldn't be surprised.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk