News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay71

Twice this week I've used the 35A service. The buses used seemed to be OK. Nice & comfy.  Polite & friendly drivers. 

Bob

Quote from: Wumpty on April 04, 2024, 11:05:01 AMThere are high rates of unemployment around other areas of Walsall, Wolverhampton, Cannock and Staffordshire so unsure why there's an inference that being on dole money means you'll be attacking buses.

Any bus route is susceptible to antisocial behaviour - some of Chaserider's other routes operate around areas where unemployment is prevalent, without any instances of ASB.

I am pleased that they have had only very isolated instances of bus damage which should see finances directed to other areas requiring attention.
Yet weve got loads of vacancies so why are people allowed to live off the taxpayer for years lol

Wumpty

Quote from: Bob on April 04, 2024, 07:50:44 PMYet weve got loads of vacancies so why are people allowed to live off the taxpayer for years lol
Good question, though beyond this thread/forum.

Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Wba_lad

Quote from: Grinder on April 04, 2024, 10:56:22 AMAnybody any idea what's happened to bus 2 YX65 RWL, appears to be a long term casualty not been out for a month ?
I believe it needs a lot of work doing to it, both bus 1 and bus 2 have had a few issues recently, if I remember correctly one of them kept going into limp mode, and losing all of its power. They are one of the oldest enviro 200 MMCs though.

Wba_lad

Cannock Bus Station Closure -

From Monday 8th April 2024 between 19:30pm - 05:00am until Friday 26th April 2024 we are unable to access Cannock Bus Station.

Service 74 will alight passengers on A34 Stafford Road (Old Roebuck Inn Pub) .

Service 60 will alight passengers at Avon Road (ASDA Store).

Service 25 & 26 will board and alight passengers at the stop opposite McDonalds (Coniston Way, Lichfield Road Bus Stop).

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Wba_lad on April 05, 2024, 09:53:49 PMI believe it needs a lot of work doing to it, both bus 1 and bus 2 have had a few issues recently, if I remember correctly one of them kept going into limp mode, and losing all of its power. They are one of the oldest enviro 200 MMCs though.
1 was going into limp mode and losing power. It's back out but is still losing power. No idea what is up with 2 tho

Solo1

Cannock bus station closed what about the other chaserider services that run from there 

ellspurs

Quote from: Solo1 on April 06, 2024, 07:31:04 AMCannock bus station closed what about the other chaserider services that run from there
Are they even running at that time of night? It's only a night closure for those days.

Rachvince53

Quote from: ellspurs on April 06, 2024, 07:38:26 AMAre they even running at that time of night? It's only a night closure for those days.
Yes, Chaserider do run at that time. 

ellspurs

Quote from: Rachvince53 on April 06, 2024, 05:26:32 PMYes, Chaserider do run at that time.
Sorry, I meant the services that weren't quoted on the diversion information list.

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on April 06, 2024, 05:40:15 PMSorry, I meant the services that weren't quoted on the diversion information list.

As the closure is from 7:30pm, I would assume that any other daytime-only services are not affected.

https://x.com/ChaseriderBus/status/1776367199554318682

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wba_lad

Apparently Chaserider have 2 new buses, 328 being a optare solo SR in the new Centrebus orange and blue livery which is apparently on the 60. The second one is 998 which is a scania K230UB Wright Solar but on the DVSA website the vehicle is showing as SORN. Anyone know what these are and if they are true please.

Bob

Quote from: Wba_lad on April 11, 2024, 04:43:45 PMApparently Chaserider have 2 new buses, 328 being a optare solo SR in the new Centrebus orange and blue livery which is apparently on the 60. The second one is 998 which is a scania K230UB Wright Solar but on the DVSA website the vehicle is showing as SORN. Anyone know what these are and if they are true please.
Centrebus 747 H6 UHL is also here. Operating onthe 63, seen it in Chadsmoor earlier

EK40

Quote from: Wba_lad on April 11, 2024, 04:43:45 PMApparently Chaserider have 2 new buses, 328 being a optare solo SR in the new Centrebus orange and blue livery which is apparently on the 60. The second one is 998 which is a scania K230UB Wright Solar but on the DVSA website the vehicle is showing as SORN. Anyone know what these are and if they are true please.
the solo is ex centrebus north YJ13 HJN
the solar is ex cardiff bus CN58 FFX
the solar is true, saw a photo of it on the facebook group, it does take a while for the website to update sorn status and such.

Bob

747s still on 63 seen it again by the shops on pye green road by my mums. Tracking as 541

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk