News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Noteworthy Workings - May 2020

Started by winston, May 01, 2020, 12:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Please continue to view the spreadsheet below as to what does/doesn't constitute as a 'Noteworthy Working'
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=4016.0

Please advise Stu via posting in the following thread should you notice any changes that need to be made to the spread sheet:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=4016.0

Noteworthy Workings posted only - Only 'Tony' is to comment on posts in this thread - Everyone else respond in respective garage thread

Tony

4346 & 4365 on the 4 today.
4365 on 4M all day

j789

There was a 51 plate Volvo on the 48 today seen in Cotteridge, possibly the oldest vehicle out so far?

Michael Bevan

A driver has just put a photo on Facebook showing 4601 on WA4/H/M today.

Michael Bevan

Had a message from a driver saying they saw 4780 on PBX3 earlier. Looks like it only did half a trip to Birmingham before being swapped. I think there's a 15ft bridge on the Birmingham Road towards Lichfield though? So don't think it would have started in Lichfield.

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on May 28, 2020, 01:27:44 PM
Had a message from a driver saying they saw 4780 on PBX3 earlier. Looks like it only did half a trip to Birmingham before being swapped. I think there's a 15ft bridge on the Birmingham Road towards Lichfield though? So don't think it would have started in Lichfield.

I am sure a 14'8" bus will fit under a 15' bridge

Tony

Quote from: ellspurs on May 28, 2020, 03:18:57 PM
Are there any 15'+ buses? The highest I've remembered seeing have been 14'something.

I believe the Scania Omnicitys are the tallest buses in the UK at 14'8"

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on May 28, 2020, 05:57:05 PM
Hi Tony, Geminis 4700-17 were transferred to Dundee, was this because they were too tall for most routes and does that go for former Premier 997 Geminis as well and how much taller are they compared to other Geminis ?

They were not too tall for most routes, there was only one route they were considered too tall for and that was the AG 5. This changed when Network Rail changed the signage on the bridge making all Geminis too tall for the 5. It only applied to 4700-17 due to their different rear axles. 4680-6 are identical in all respects other than the seats to 4635-59 and apart from the interior layout to the Travel London 90xx series which were all part of one order.

winston

Can everyone post their comments / questions in threads other than the 'Noteworthy Workings' thread, Winston.

Jack

Dom

Jack

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk