News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Level Increase

Started by MK, April 27, 2020, 10:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on May 14, 2020, 05:01:47 PM

YW 6 also upped to every 10 minutes so wander if this means those electric buses will enter service from this date?

No sorry you will have to wait a little longer. YW are just putting all there current fleet of deckers back on the road

bensweeney14

Do we have any idea of which operators are increasing services? I know of Arriva going back to around 80-90% service possibly start of June, but what about Diamond, NXC?
Regards, Ben.
My Transport Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/92414404@N08/

BK63 YWP

According to the new timetables the PN 57/17A/E are being reintroduced, can @pndriver or @karl724223 comfirm this as it's not on the list of reintroduced services
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on May 15, 2020, 04:14:58 PM
According to the new timetables the PN 57/17A/E are being reintroduced, can @pndriver or @karl724223 comfirm this as it's not on the list of reintroduced services
They got that wrong then "25 - Birmingham to Selly Oak".
The 25 doesn't go to Selly Oak.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on May 15, 2020, 04:44:39 PM
25 - Birmingham to Selly Oak
They got that wrong then. The 25 doesn't go to Selly Oak.

What area of Birmingham is the Queen Elizabeth hospital in then?

Quote from: Tony on May 15, 2020, 04:46:33 PM
What area of Birmingham is the Queen Elizabeth hospital in then?
I'm not 100% sure, but when people get on the bus and ask if its going to Selly Oak, they usually mean the area by Sainsburys which is further down. They'd be a bit annoyed if you told them they can get the X22 or 25 to Selly Oak and it doesn't actually go there. So its a little inaccurate I think.
Though the NHS website suggests: Address: Mindelsohn Way, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2WB.
https://www.nhs.uk/Services/Hospitals/MapsAndDirections/DefaultView.aspx?id=1655

Its not the only error on the NX site, last time I checked the 28 page is suggesting Heartlands Hospital is in Small Heath.
" 28 Small Heath (Heartlands Hospital) - Bordesley Green - Fox & Goose - Erdington - Great Barr (Scott Arms)"
https://nxbus.co.uk/routes/west-midlands/B028/?timetable[day]=&;
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on May 15, 2020, 04:50:55 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but when people get on the bus and ask if its going to Selly Oak, they usually mean the area by Sainsburys which is further down. They'd be a bit annoyed if you told them they can get the X22 or 25 to Selly Oak and it doesn't actually go there.
Though the NHS website suggests: Address: Mindelsohn Way, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2WB.
https://www.nhs.uk/Services/Hospitals/MapsAndDirections/DefaultView.aspx?id=1655

Its not the only error on the NX site, last time I checked the 28 page is suggesting Heartlands Hospital is in Small Heath.

What is the difference with someone getting on the 28 asking if it goes to Ward End, and it not going past Ward End Park

Quote from: Tony on May 15, 2020, 04:52:56 PM
What is the difference with someone getting on the 28 asking if it goes to Ward End, and it not going past Ward End Park
I knew it wasn't to far away from the Selly Oak Retail Park (2 bus stops I think), but never realised it is considered to be part of Selly Oak before. So my mistake there.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

32 - Hall Green to Acocks Green  ;D

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on May 15, 2020, 05:07:35 PM
I knew it wasn't to far away from the Selly Oak Retail Park (2 bus stops I think), but never realised it is considered to be part of Selly Oak before. So my mistake there.
To be fair it is right in between Edgbaston, Selly oak and Herborne and parts of the site could possibly be in all 3

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on May 15, 2020, 06:26:25 PM
To be fair it is right in between Edgbaston, Selly oak and Herborne and parts of the site could possibly be in all 3
I was born in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and my birth certificate and passport clearly state EDGBASTON as my place of birth not SELLY OAK. None of the current sites of QEUHB are in Harborne or Selly Oak although Selly Oak had it's own hospital site part of the old Queen Elizabeth Hospital now closed.

Gareth

I've only ever seen cities or towns mentioned on passports, never a suburb before!

the trainbasher

Quote from: Gareth on May 15, 2020, 11:09:14 PM
I've only ever seen cities or towns mentioned on passports, never a suburb before!

I think mine has either Wordsley or Stourbridge. I'll have to check

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Gareth on May 15, 2020, 11:09:14 PM
For your information when I was born Edgbaston was part of the County of Warwickshire and not a suburb untill it became part of the West Midlands  Metropolitan County in 1974 following boundary changes. If you were born as most births were at the time in Loveday Street Maternity Hospital in the City Centre your passport would read Birmingham.Very few births at the time were at the old Queen Elizabeth Hospital unless major surgery was required at the time of birth. If you were born like me in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital it reads Edgbaston. My partners passport place of birth reads Wordsley not Stourbridge which reflected the Maternity Hospital at the time which was then part of Worcestershire.

ellspurs

The Queen Elizabeth Hospital does also list its address as Edgbaston on its website.

On the contrary, I was born in a hospital in the borough of Solihull, but my passport lists my place of birth as Birmingham.

You fill in the town of birth on the passport application form, so if yours does say Edgbaston, it is because you (or whoever applied for your first passport) put Edgbaston there. It isn't magicked onto the form by some random computer thing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk