News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Routes that interwork

Started by Pat, March 27, 2020, 01:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

I suppose while we are on the topic, it might be worth discussing the operational benefits of Interworking and why certain routes are better of interworking as opposed to running to separate routes with their own vehicle requirements etc...

I reckon this would give many members here a better insight into the operations.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

sonic84

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on March 29, 2020, 08:53:42 PM
I suppose while we are on the topic, it might be worth discussing the operational benefits of Interworking and why certain routes are better of interworking as opposed to running to separate routes with their own vehicle requirements etc...

I reckon this would give many members here a better insight into the operations.

I would find this really interesting. First and Midland Red West used to do a lot of interworking in Kidderminster and Redditch.

markcf83

Town services in Caerphilly interwork between one and another. For instance, a bus working on the A will go onto a trip on route B and vice versa. Buses on the F-which serves the estate I live on-interwork with either the C and D or E depending on the time they are running.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

WyreForestShuttle

Virtually all First Kidderminster services interworked save the 192
293/4 -303/4
2 -3
1- 7 -10
4-5-297
192E-233-294
123/4-295
133 - 22
Virtually rotas save the Centro contracts were interworked

Pat

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on March 29, 2020, 08:53:42 PM

The purpose of interworking is to maximise the use of a driver and bus.  In other words, it is to save money basically.  For example, in Shrewsbury, routes 2 (Shrewsbury-Hawthorne Estate) and 12 (Shrewsbury-Kingswood Estate) interwork.  They both operate an hourly frequency.  The 2 is a 20 minute round trip, so to save a driver sitting around for 40 minutes, they drive the 12 which is a 40 minute round trip.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on March 27, 2020, 01:12:02 PM
Not sure about the 18/19.  I did have a feeling that there was something in Stourbridge that interworked.

Can anybody tell me if it's the 28 shorts that interwork with the 10s? If so how does that work as the 10A is at 5 past with the 28 Halesowen also being at 5 past and the 10C being at 35 with the other 28 (shorts) also being at 35.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on March 31, 2020, 03:02:49 PM
Can anybody tell me if it's the 28 shorts that interwork with the 10s? If so how does that work as the 10A is at 5 past with the 28 Halesowen also being at 5 past and the 10C being at 35 with the other 28 (shorts) also being at 35.

Pre virus timetable the XX08 28 off Merry Hill goes onto the XX35 10C, which goes onto the XY05 10A then does the XY35 28 short.

The 28 full journeys are standalone

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 31, 2020, 03:42:52 PM
Pre virus timetable the XX08 28 off Merry Hill goes onto the XX35 10C, which goes onto the XY05 10A then does the XY35 28 short.

The 28 full journeys are standalone

Thanks @the trainbasher  or whoever is on here at the moment can you now please tell me if the 5 and 7 Coventry interwork?

Could you also list other Coventry services that interwork please?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk