News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Stechford island (or roundabout if you’re not from the West Midlands)

Started by Busboy105, January 31, 2020, 07:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busboy105

Does anyone know the meaning that of the design on the new Iron Lane/Flaxley Road/Station Road island (or roundabout if you're not from the West Midlands)?
For anyone who doesn't know, there's two layers of marble and on top of it there's a couple of trees which are in front of what seems like a mini Stonehenge.
I would love it if someone tells me what it means, I like little designs like these.

Stu

I was in Stechford a few weeks ago, and the island looked nearly complete, I can't remember if I saw any structure on the roundabout itself, so will probably have to go and have a look sometime.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Busboy105

Quote from: Stu on January 31, 2020, 07:27:34 PM
I was in Stechford a few weeks ago, and the island looked nearly complete, I can't remember if I saw any structure on the roundabout itself, so will probably have to go and have a look sometime.
The roundabout is finished now, now it's the dual carriageway and the bridge that is being worked on.

GeminiFan1991

I was there today and the work done looks remarkable. Maybe it was just luck, but the traffic seemed to flow well but work isn't complete. Roads are still lined with cones.

Does anyone know whats going on with the island just further up that the 14/ 28 & 55 also use ? My guess is a lane being created so traffic heading towards the retail park gets its own dedicated lane. If so, coupled with the improvements to the Bromford Lane/ Fortparkway Island (Created another lane onto Bromford Lane (11C)), this should greatly help the 11C.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

CBBUser

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on February 02, 2020, 12:35:31 AM
I was there today and the work done looks remarkable. Maybe it was just luck, but the traffic seemed to flow well but work isn't complete. Roads are still lined with cones.

Does anyone know whats going on with the island just further up that the 14/ 28 & 55 also use ? My guess is a lane being created so traffic heading towards the retail park gets its own dedicated lane. If so, coupled with the improvements to the Bromford Lane/ Fortparkway Island (Created another lane onto Bromford Lane (11C)), this should greatly help the 11C.
55 doesn't use that island anymore @GeminiFan1991 and it hasn't done since June 2019.
Continues into Coleshill Road with the 94 at the Fox and Goose.

The island by the retail park is congested at peak times as well, don't think the traffic flows well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk