News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on January 21, 2020, 01:01:26 PM
That basically Rowley/Blackheath are blessed to have better services than in West Smethwick... which they do...
Yes we do in Blackheath thanks to Diamond Bus

Jack

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 21, 2020, 01:05:52 PM
Diamond... who run 1 commercial service, all the rest tendered... more frequent NX buses.
West Smethwick who have NX run a number of services at every 30 mins, 48, 89 etc and then hourly on evenings and Sundays.

PinkBus

Quote from: Jack on January 21, 2020, 01:01:26 PM
That basically Rowley/Blackheath are blessed to have better services than in West Smethwick... which they do...

Thanks Jack, my point exactly.

I can't catch another bus to my home from West Brom because there isn't one. I'm also unable to walk very far so catching the 80/A to the High Street in Smethwick is too far for me to walk or walking along dark streets, past a park. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm female and feel unsafe doing that.

I'd love it if there was one extra 89 short to the Cape around 18.30 as there is on Saturdays, it would make my life easier, but I also understand that there may not be a need for a bus at that time.

In a ideal world, there would be a bus service that goes exactly where everyone wants to go, but in the real world that can't happen. Traffic is appalling these days, the route I live o  has so many bottlenecks, I feel sorry for the drivers at times.

I've said before on hers, I would love to see the old 444 return in some form, but as this is going off topic, I'll leave it at that.

ETA: the platinum are lovely, I was on a 87 on Saturday and it was the warmest bus I've been on in a long time. The only thing I'm not keen on is the legroom, being short, there's rather too much for me!!
Just sitting here
Watching the Outer Circle buses
Go round and round...

don

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 21, 2020, 01:05:52 PM

Unfortunately they desert Hayley Green and even Blackheath on the commercial service a bit early in the evening.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 21, 2020, 02:51:36 PM
Unfortunately they desert Hayley Green and even Blackheath on the commercial service a bit early in the evening.
If there was a commercial demand Diamond would provide it another company provides the service round the Hasbury Circle under contract to TfWM.

Trident 4194

Quote from: don on January 21, 2020, 02:51:36 PM

Still run far later than NX do on the 4H corridor

don

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 21, 2020, 03:31:55 PM
Still run far later than NX do on the 4H corridor

NXWM provide services until quite late from Hasbury to Halesowen - presumably connecting to other services from there. I was just pointing out that Diamond 'go home early', like many commercial operators. However NXWM provide a more extensive and intergrated service (4M and 4H, for instance between West Bromwich and Walsall), extending to quite late in the evening.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 21, 2020, 04:21:10 PM
NXWM provide services until quite late from Hasbury to Halesowen - presumably connecting to other services from there. I was just pointing out that Diamond 'go home early', like many commercial operators. However NXWM provide a more extensive and intergrated service (4M and 4H, for instance between West Bromwich and Walsall), extending to quite late in the evening.
The evening 4H comes off the commercial 14 of NXWM an excellent service the 4M is the commercial evening service of NXWM simply because it serves Merry Hill.

richardjones210368

Quote from: PinkBus on January 21, 2020, 01:23:33 PM

I can't catch another bus to my home from West Brom because there isn't one. I'm also unable to walk very far so catching the 80/A to the High Street in Smethwick is too far for me to walk or walking along dark streets, past a park. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm female and feel unsafe doing that.

I'd love it if there was one extra 89 short to the Cape around 18.30 as there is on Saturdays, it would make my life easier, but I also understand that there may not be a need for a bus at that time.

In a ideal world, there would be a bus service that goes exactly where everyone wants to go, but in the real world that can't happen. Traffic is appalling these days, the route I live o  has so many bottlenecks, I feel sorry for the drivers at times.

I've said before on hers, I would love to see the old 444 return in some form, but as this is going off topic, I'll leave it at that.

ETA: the platinum are lovely, I was on a 87 on Saturday and it was the warmest bus I've been on in a long time. The only thing I'm not keen on is the legroom, being short, there's rather too much for me!!
Diamond Buses tried the 87 and no used the level of service you have obviously meets the demands as passengers didn't use an alternative offered.

winston

The last full commercial 4H leaves Hayley Green at 7pm (earlier) than Diamond (Mon - Sat only). Beyond that, the Halesowen - Hasbury 4H which NXWM operate is tendered.

richardjones210368

The PN4H journeys are operated under contract to TfWM

richardjones210368

Quote from: PinkBus on January 21, 2020, 01:23:33 PM

There is obviously no demand for commercial services in the area at the time you require may I suggest you contact TfWM on the following link if you feel there is a demand for more from TfWM
customerservices@tfwm.org.uk
Whatever you or anyone else thinks on this forum I will never stop campaigning for the people of Blackheath to get the best possible bus service possible within the current legislation if you do not want that for the good people of Blackheath that is entirely up to you but having a very privileged  position that is what I will post and campaign for and frankly I don't care at all what you, the moderators and other posters think about my comments I just want what is best for Blackheath a town I have lived in for 51 years and proud to serve them as the TfWM Bus Champion for the town whatever you or anyone posts will never change my opinions and love for my town. This is the Blackheath thread I am not sure why you are posting comments buses about Smethwick here as it is a long time since there was a direct bus to Smethwick from Blackheath so your comments are irrelevant to this thread. Thank you for your comments @PinkBus but I could not care less what you think about me but thank you for your comments which I have noted.

PinkBus

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 21, 2020, 05:33:11 PM
There is obviously no demand for commercial services in the area at the time you require may I suggest you contact TfWM on the following link if you feel there is a demand for more from TfWM
customerservices@tfwm.org.uk
Whatever you or anyone else thinks on this forum I will never stop campaigning for the people of Blackheath to get the best possible bus service possible within the current legislation if you do not want that for the good people of Blackheath that is entirely up to you but having a very privileged  position that is what I will post and campaign for and frankly I don't care at all what you, the moderators and other posters think about my comments I just want what is best for Blackheath a town I have lived in for 51 years and proud to serve them as the TfWM Bus Champion for the town whatever you or anyone posts will never change my opinions and love for my town. This is the Blackheath thread I am not sure why you are posting comments buses about Smethwick here as it is a long time since there was a direct bus to Smethwick from Blackheath so your comments are irrelevant to this thread.

Please do not answer me in that rude way, it was a comparison, nothing else. I think it is best if you don't answer my posts anymore as you are extremely rude and condescending.

I suggest if you feel so strongly about bus services, you stand as a independent candidate in the next council elections. I'm sure the many people outside Poundland will vote for you.

Please do not bother to reply, this is my last post on the subject.

ETA: the 89 was the last direct bus from Smethwick to Blackheath, that stopped running around 2/3 years ago, so not that long really.
That really is my last words on the subject.

@PinkBus - the below notice/additional forum functions apply to both you & everybody that keeps whining....
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=5631.0
Just sitting here
Watching the Outer Circle buses
Go round and round...

richardjones210368

Quote from: PinkBus on January 21, 2020, 05:49:49 PM
Please do not answer me in that rude way, it was a comparison, nothing else. I think it is best if you don't answer my posts anymore as you are extremely rude and condescending.

I suggest if you feel so strongly about bus services, you stand as a independent candidate in the next council elections. I'm sure the many people outside Poundland will vote for you.

Please do not bother to reply, this is my last post on the subject.

ETA: the 89 was the last direct bus from Smethwick to Blackheath, that stopped running around 2/3 years ago, so not that long really.
That really is my last words on the subject.

Oh & @PinkBus thanks for the link @PinkBus it is very kind of you
- the below notice/additional forum functions apply to both you & everybody that keeps whining....
but frankly I dont care what you or the moderators feel about my comments if I have breached the forum rules I have made it clear if I need to be banned then ban me its that simple but I do not think the moderators need posters like you giving them advice if I am deleeted then so be it but I do not like other posters such as @PinkBus telling me what to do no one does that even you.

@PinkBus - the below notice/additional forum functions apply to both you & everybody that keeps whining....

I am still not sure why your comments about buses in Smethwick are relevant to a thread about Blackheath but@Jack please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the last 89 to Blackheath in 2014 as you know I am hopeless with numbers? I work with politicians @PinkBus  so that is most likely why you think I'm rude and condescing I will take that as a compliment as I must be doing something right so draw your own conclusions and funny enough I was asked to stand as the Change Uk candidate for Halesowen & Rowley at the last election think that was a lucky escape and I think most people I know well outside Poundland in Blackheath know I certainly do not need Anna Sourby to influence bus services in Blackheath.....................................

Jack

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 21, 2020, 06:06:25 PM
@Jack please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the last 89 to Blackheath in 2014 as you know I am hopeless with numbers? I work with politicians @PinkBus  so that is most likely why you think I'm rude and condescing I will take that as a compliment as I must be doing something right so draw your own conclusions and funny enough I was asked to stand as the Change Uk candidate for Halsowen & Rowley at the last election think that was a lucky escape and I think most people I know well outside Poundland in Blackheath know I certainly do not need Anna Sourby to influence bus services in Blackheath.....................................
The 89 stopped going to Blackheath in 2017, at the same time the 83 went because it replaced it. Technically Blackheath does still have a bus that goes to the Western side of Smethwick, the Warley... the 13A serves it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk