News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry's 43** numbered Dennis Tridents !

Started by Coventry Transport Dude, July 26, 2019, 06:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventry Transport Dude

I've probably left it a bit late really to start this topic about the 43** numbered Dennis Tridents, as their time here on the streets of Coventry is quickly running out now ?  As Tony Hunter has already mentioned, the schools breaking up and also the PVR of the company dropping by over 100 vehicles, will no-doubt be what sadly causes them to all go ?  Anyway folks, Spot 'em, Jot 'em and Photograph 'em while you still can !!!  I myself managed to see (and photograph) a good number of them in Town this afternoon and the 43**'s seen were:

4362 - 18/18A
4370 - 18
4371 - 21
4372 - (Out Of Service) Standing outside at the top end of the yard at Wheatley Street Garage.
4373 - 6
4374 - 10
4375 - 4
4376 - 6A
4378 - 6
4380 - 6
4381 - 10
4395 - 6
4396 - 16A

4358, 4379, 4398 and 4399 were nowhere to be seen today (must have all been in the Garage ?), although i fortunately managed to capture those four Buses a few weeks back ! (Hopefully not for the last time ???).

Tony

Coventry Transport Dude

I did happen to see 4404 standing directly infront of 4372 today Tony, but had no idea at all that it (or 4372) were both withdrawn from service ?  Am very surprised and especially sorry to hear that 4404 has now been withdrawn from service, but "THANK YOU" for letting us know about that, as i do appreciate it ! (It only seems like yesterday when 4404 actually arrived brand new at Wheatley Street and if i remember rightly, it stood out from all the other new deliveries in that 4396 - 4404 batch, because it was minus its "TRAVEL COVENTRY" transfer on the front of it when it was delivered !).

Coventry Transport Dude

While briefly passing through Town just before 6pm tonight, i saw On-Loan Trident 4362 going around Ironmonger Row and down The Burges on the 10 route to Eastern Green !  (I don't know if any other 43**'s were out in service at all today ?).

paulb1973

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on July 27, 2019, 10:36:18 PM
While briefly passing through Town just before 6pm tonight, i saw On-Loan Trident 4362 going around Ironmonger Row and down The Burges on the 10 route to Eastern Green !  (I don't know if any other 43**'s were out in service at all today ?).

Is the other red, 4358, still about?

Coventry Transport Dude

Quote from: paulb1973 on July 27, 2019, 10:45:56 PM
Is the other red, 4358, still about?

I haven't seen it out and about at all Paul, even when i was in Town for a few hours on Friday photographing the 43**'s, but hopefully it is still here ?  The last time i actually saw it was about 2 or 3 weeks ago on the Keresley Road, as i was talking to the Driver of it when he stopped outside the Shepherd for a couple of minutes !  I'm hoping that it will have still been out and about in service since then, although its days on the road now are sadly well and truly numbered at the minute ???

I found some old photo's earlier this afternoon of an on-loan Trident (4338) on the 36 route back in about 2002 time (i think it was ?) and it was one Bus that i'd completely forgotten about ever being here !  I took some photo's of it on the Keresley Road and then jumped on it for a trip down to Keresley Village and back, taking a few more photo's of it down at the terminus in Keresley Village itself.  Can you remember it being here PaulB1973 and if so, do you know / have a note of how long it was here on-loan for ???

Coventry Transport Dude

4358 - 6
4374 - 5
4375 - 21

I don't know whether any other 43**'s were out today at all, as i was only in Town for just over half an hour and just happened to spot the three old Tridents listed here above !

paulb1973

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on July 28, 2019, 09:27:21 PM
I haven't seen it out and about at all Paul, even when i was in Town for a few hours on Friday photographing the 43**'s, but hopefully it is still here ?  The last time i actually saw it was about 2 or 3 weeks ago on the Keresley Road, as i was talking to the Driver of it when he stopped outside the Shepherd for a couple of minutes !  I'm hoping that it will have still been out and about in service since then, although its days on the road now are sadly well and truly numbered at the minute ???

I found some old photo's earlier this afternoon of an on-loan Trident (4338) on the 36 route back in about 2002 time (i think it was ?) and it was one Bus that i'd completely forgotten about ever being here !  I took some photo's of it on the Keresley Road and then jumped on it for a trip down to Keresley Village and back, taking a few more photo's of it down at the terminus in Keresley Village itself.  Can you remember it being here PaulB1973 and if so, do you know / have a note of how long it was here on-loan for ???

Sorry for the delay in replying - mmm, you've got me there, I don't recall 4338 operating in Coventry but if you have pictures of it, all the better. Coventry's allocation of Tridents over the years has been fairly static without too many transfers to and fro. 4319/22 were Coventry based for a few years but ended moving back west eventually. And of the current transferred in 43xx stock, 4377 has had a very short life here, but will still have served NX for a long time.

Coventry Transport Dude

Quote from: paulb1973 on July 30, 2019, 08:15:24 PM
Sorry for the delay in replying - mmm, you've got me there, I don't recall 4338 operating in Coventry but if you have pictures of it, all the better. Coventry's allocation of Tridents over the years has been fairly static without too many transfers to and fro. 4319/22 were Coventry based for a few years but ended moving back west eventually. And of the current transferred in 43xx stock, 4377 has had a very short life here, but will still have served NX for a long time.

When 4319 and 4322 left Coventry back in 2015, i didn't realize at the time that they'd both been here for over 6 years ! (4319 arriving in January 2009 until November 2015 & 4322 also in January 2009, but leaving in April 2015 !).  I'm hoping that they're both still running up in Wolverhampton, although their days in service now must be numbered ???

Regarding 4338, i've been looking through my old notes and i first saw it here in Coventry on the 36 route on October 10th, 2002.  It caught me a bit by surprise really, mainly because i didn't even know it was here ? (I saw it coming down the Keresley Road and heading towards its stop by Sadler Road, on its way towards Town and Little Heath).  It was later on that day that i then went for a trip on it down to Keresley Village and back, taking some photo's of it at the terminus there and also on the Keresley Road itself by the Shepherd. It must have been here in Cov for at least a couple of weeks, as i saw it again in the Burges two days later (Oct. 12th) on the 23 to Allesley Park and then on October 22nd, i caught it home from Town, as it was on the 36 route again ! (If you're still working along the Keresley Road area Paul, i'll bring the photo's down to you one morning to quickly show you them !).

Coventry Transport Dude

Tony

4378; 4395 & 4398 are also unlikely to run again

JoNi

Coventry Transport Dude

Quote from: Tony on August 01, 2019, 06:05:57 PM
4378; 4395 & 4398 are also unlikely to run again

Thank you Tony for letting us all know about these latest Dennis Trident withdrawals, as your help is always much appreciated and my thanks also must go to local enthusiast Chris Wookey, for the heads up he gave on 4378 and 4395 now being parked up out at the top end of Wheatley Street Garage yard !  Withdrawn 4372 and 4404 are still there also, parked up down behind them !

Was only in Town for just over an hour today, but fortunately some 43**'s were out in service and they were:
4371 - 5
4376 - 10
4381 - 6
4396 - 16A

paulb1973

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on July 31, 2019, 02:41:26 PM
When 4319 and 4322 left Coventry back in 2015, i didn't realize at the time that they'd both been here for over 6 years ! (4319 arriving in January 2009 until November 2015 & 4322 also in January 2009, but leaving in April 2015 !).  I'm hoping that they're both still running up in Wolverhampton, although their days in service now must be numbered ???

Regarding 4338, i've been looking through my old notes and i first saw it here in Coventry on the 36 route on October 10th, 2002.  It caught me a bit by surprise really, mainly because i didn't even know it was here ? (I saw it coming down the Keresley Road and heading towards its stop by Sadler Road, on its way towards Town and Little Heath).  It was later on that day that i then went for a trip on it down to Keresley Village and back, taking some photo's of it at the terminus there and also on the Keresley Road itself by the Shepherd. It must have been here in Cov for at least a couple of weeks, as i saw it again in the Burges two days later (Oct. 12th) on the 23 to Allesley Park and then on October 22nd, i caught it home from Town, as it was on the 36 route again ! (If you're still working along the Keresley Road area Paul, i'll bring the photo's down to you one morning to quickly show you them !).

You were spot-on regards 4338 and its brief visit to Coventry in 2002 - and I have seen photographic evidence now! It seems it was based here for a week or two at the very least.

JoNi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk