News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry very light rail

Started by Coventrybususer95, June 07, 2023, 12:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Ah the new mayor cares about as much as the previous mayor did about Coventry.

the trainbasher

QuoteThe uncertainty continues. A lovely non committal response on the future of Coventry VLR project from the new WM Mayor yesterday
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4n19w30351o

"Speaking to BBC CWR about the Very Light Railway (VLR) system in Coventry, Mr Parker said there were "a number of stages we need to get through before we get it up-and-running".

What odds are the bookies giving?
Uncertainty, or practicality? Methinks the latter. He knows Rome wasn't built in a day.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 08, 2024, 06:53:05 PMUncertainty, or practicality? Methinks the latter. He knows Rome wasn't built in a day.
I reckon its Westminster v. Birmingham politics and the release of funding by Westminster.

It was rumoured that the real reason Coventry was given the VLR system by Westminster was a political fudge to keep Coventry politicians quiet due to Coventry not being served by the new HS2 line?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk