News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Volvo B7TL/Wright Geminis 4015-23

Started by nx4737, July 09, 2012, 03:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nx4737

I know the fleetlist says reserve... but does anyone have a clue where these will end up, Derby maybe, Wardles?

Adam

tphi12000

I read somewhere they may be forwigston to join the other b7 geminis , i doubt they are for wardles as they are already painted in latest corporate livery . Tony
Tony

nx4737

That's a possibility I guess, but remember, Wigston is part of Arriva Fox County  ???

nx4737

Oops, my mistake, Wigston is now part of Midlands isn't it?

Bob

Discodave

Quote from: bob on July 10, 2012, 09:03:15 AM
pity cannock couldnt have one :(
Tamworth maybe if the 74/5 did not interwork with some 825 journeys the staffords could have so Cannock could have had some would stop having to have extra bus for 835 and 7 as most college students bought passes on bus or had ones bought direct off the company.

nx4737

Bob

one or two of the four buses on the 74/5 maybe it can get horrifically busy

Bob

or reduce the frequency of the 70 and run deckers on it again or as i said before the 1 doesnt need to be every 20 mins

Discodave

Quote from: bob on July 10, 2012, 05:42:05 PM
or reduce the frequency of the 70 and run deckers on it again or as i said before the 1 doesnt need to be every 20 mins
Combining the frequency of the 1 and 2 would be better as you still have a half hour on each service and 15 mins combined on corridor as usually a 1 and 2 almost leave on top of each other from walsall or cannock

Bob

Youd have to take the 1 off the a34 onto a5 tho. Nobody uses the 2 do they? they put Mpds on most of the time, great for an interurban route, not!

Discodave

Quote from: bob on July 11, 2012, 07:23:42 PM
Youd have to take the 1 off the a34 onto a5 tho. Nobody uses the 2 do they? they put Mpds on most of the time, great for an interurban route, not!
It does get a few at times the chesyln hay and the daytime bit around landywood station is where the main custom is

Bob

never enough for a full size bus tho, duno wots gone wrong with that route in nxwm days it used to be double decked and thats WITH the train service too before anyone goes on how goid the train service is lol

Discodave

Just typical Arriva they have a good route and seem to have good loading but ruin it by hiking up fares so high thw Walsalls had a torrid rise compared with the others bet the fares would not have gone up if they had competition on the Walsall-Cannock

Bob

yep! thats thatchers shit deregulation for you initial competition followed by shit private monopolies

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk