News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Knot

Started by Tony, April 12, 2019, 07:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

So that means use my Nbus to Newtown (past Bloxwich), then jump up & pay then surely?

Has anyone actually done that on a bus that crosses ticket boundaries or is there a 'workaround'?

(In other words, pay / show pass to the boundary & pay for the other ticket at the same time? Or is that not technically possible?)

John

Quote from: Westy on April 27, 2019, 05:58:06 PM
So that means use my Nbus to Newtown (past Bloxwich), then jump up & pay then surely?

Has anyone actually done that on a bus that crosses ticket boundaries or is there a 'workaround'?

(In other words, pay / show pass to the boundary & pay for the other ticket at the same time? Or is that not technically possible?)

Yes you would have to have nbus or another type of ticket to the Staffordshire Boundary. On the X3 we can only sell the Knot Ticket after Watford Gap until Lichfield so I imagine its the same for the X51 when it crosses the border

the trainbasher

Are these Knot tickets valid to buy in Wombourne/Swindon (on the 15/16)?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

JPC

The seems to indicate with it's yellow/brown shading that nBus/nNetwork is valid for a short distance beyond the WM border along the Stafford Road, at least to the first Staffordshire bus stop where you can buy The Knot.

Westy

Quote from: JPC on April 27, 2019, 08:53:55 PM
The seems to indicate with it's yellow/brown shading that nBus/nNetwork is valid for a short distance beyond the WM border along the Stafford Road, at least to the first Staffordshire bus stop where you can buy The Knot.

Which should be The Ivyhouse pub I think?

Wasn't it the Kernel Café in days gone by?

Whatever it is, it's the first bus stop after the Turnberry!

Kevin

The Worcestershire Connecta ticket is technically only valid from the first stop over the border on the 147, I purchased one years ago when it was the 007 and the driver just sold it me from the Bus Station anyway, so presumably the ticket machine (at the time at least) was able to produce the ticket before it's valid
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin on May 02, 2019, 08:13:51 AM
The Worcestershire Connecta ticket is technically only valid from the first stop over the border on the 147, I purchased one years ago when it was the 007 and the driver just sold it me from the Bus Station anyway, so presumably the ticket machine (at the time at least) was able to produce the ticket before it's valid

I've brought a connecta ticket of kevs on the 147 in Halesowen bus station too.

Kevin

Quote from: StourValley98 on April 26, 2019, 11:22:43 PM
They previously told me it's valid on the whole X51 route?

Cannot be purchased on an X51 in Great Barr, just found that while trying to buy the Daysaver Plus for the 54
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

How difficult is it to arrange it, so you can purchase the Knot on a Wm county starting journey, as long as the journey ends in Staffordshire?

(And the same goes for the equivalent TfWm / Swift ticket too, purchasing on a Staffs starting journey, that finished in the Wm!)

So I could purchase the Knot at the Scott Arms & get off at Cannock, with no journey break before reaching The Ivyhouse, so you could break your journey at Great Wryley, & continue to Cannock on a later bus, but you couldnt do the same at Bloxwich!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk