News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

COVENTRY's "Y" registered "DENNIS TRIDENTS" !

Started by Coventry Transport Dude, October 30, 2018, 08:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

As an unloved (in some official quarters) mere mortal who grew up in west Kent who went out for a ride on a Trident yesterday, it seems like only yesterday when I attended a Transport Users Meeting (when such things existed) to hear the then boss of Coventrys buses saying we are getting 22 new buses as the current fleet is not this years model!

Coventry Transport Dude

When i saw the likes of 4211 first come onto the road back in August 2001, it certainly does only seem like yesterday JoNi when it happened and it's amazing really, just how quickly time does fly by ?  It only just dawned on me this morning, that the 4203 - 4224 batch of Tridents were the last ones delivered new to "TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS" in Coventry (in their Red, Blue and White livery !), whereas the next batch of Tridents (4396 onwards !) were delivered in the then new "TRAVEL COVENTRY" Sky Blue livery !  Excusing the 4370 - 4381 batch of Tridents that we had transferred over here not so long back, 4211 will now be the last Bus in service from Coventry's "TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS" era !!!!

As for you being an unloved mere mortal JoNi who grew up in "WEST" Kent, it really saddens me to hear that mate !!! (You might have been better off actually living in "EAST KENT" instead ?lol).  Joking aside, loads of people love you here in Cov JoNi, as you're a top man, a good mate and you're certainly bloomin' good when it comes to the Buses and especially their running / Timetable side of things !!!!! (I myself never fully knows what goes where, or when ???lol).

ps: Hope your photo's of 4211 yesterday turned out OK ??? (Mine weren't too bad i guess and i've certainly seen worse !!!lol).

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on January 06, 2019, 03:07:15 PM
Excusing the 4370 - 4381 batch of Tridents that we had transferred over here not so long back, 4211 will now be the last Bus in service from Coventry's "TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS" era !!!!
Not just, 4370 - 4381.
4450 - 4454 were new to Birmingham Central Garage for the Coventry Rd in 2003 in TWM livery, not Coventry Garage.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on January 06, 2019, 03:14:45 PM
Not just, 4370 - 4381.
4450 - 4454 were new to Birmingham Central Garage for the Coventry Rd in 2003, not Coventry Garage.

and 4395. Being pedantic 4450-4 were new after the Travel Coventry era though. 4396 was the first

Tony

4190 now at Miller Street for engine transplant into 4451, so will be going for scrap not long afterwards

Sandy Lane

Outside at the back of the depot today I saw 5 or 6 Tridents lined up. Could not see any IDs. Are these now withdrawn?

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on March 28, 2019, 06:35:56 PM
Outside at the back of the depot today I saw 5 or 6 Tridents lined up. Could not see any IDs. Are these now withdrawn?

There's no withdrawn vehicles at Coventry. 4373 & 4375 have both been reinstated and their PVR is increasing.

Don't forget during the University holidays there's platinums spare being used on the 7 & 18 so some tridents will be spare

Sandy Lane

cris 99

a bit shocked to find 4211 and 4217 still parked out the back
17//72/73/97/X12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk