News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

members 'flagged' captions?

Started by windy miller, July 06, 2012, 07:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

where have the captions 'settling in-lots of posts-reached the ton' ect come from? any particular reason? personaly I would have chosen a caption like "I wanna tell you a story"  or "At home on the sleepers" (rail fans) or "Any permitted route"- " A Busmans Holiday "ect . Does Anyone have any better Ideas?  8)
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Stu

Tony has obviously been playing with the 'post ranking titles', which is what they are.  8)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

windy miller

Thanks stu- He's a Tinker obviously! :) Just wish he'd put the 24hr clock right  ::) / get a spell check icon 8) / ect...... :)..  Nah not gonappen aye it?

Badger

I'd offer to help out but I haven't used SimpleMachines in years! It's a great system though.

If you had all the time in the world each number could give you the name of the type of bus with that route number.. but it would fall apart as quite a few aren't used, and there'd be way too many ranks.

@Windy, you can edit the time you get displayed by going to profile->account settings->modify profile->look and layout, then tinkering with the +/- on the time until it fits. Bit awkward.
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

windy miller

Stu- just realised Tony's 'new' post ranking titles replace the old 'newbie'/ full / senior member'  rankings--  more importantly, the VERY dubious Accolade of  'Hero'- esp when it might apply to a complete di** Head- Would you agree? ;) ;) 8)

MW

Quote from: windy miller on July 09, 2012, 05:21:19 PM
more importantly, the VERY dubious Accolade of  'Hero'- esp when it might apply to a complete di** Head- Would you agree? ;) ;) 8)

You called?

Don't take what I say on here to heart.

windy miller

Michael -My comment was not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general observation .If you have anoyed someone for whatever reason they will give you a smite-When you get older your motto should be "if you can't say anything good then say nothing....." ;)OK   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk