News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Not to mention that Walsall's allocation of Scanias will be due for replacement in the next year or two. I somehow doubt Walsall will get any electrics for the time being but surely could get some cascades. I had a dream about this type of thing but unfortunately, it didn't involve Walsall - PB's 699x-7000 and 7500 etc got transferred to WB replacing all their Geminis, and the Euro 6 ones to AG to replace their non Euro 6 Geminis!! Don't quote me though - it was only a dream lol!! 😀
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: winston on February 24, 2024, 04:22:36 PMThere's 80 new DD EV's virtually ready to enter service for a start, resulting in cascaded DD's elsewhere + allowing for single deckers to be withdrawn. With another 90 due to complete full 170 order. Plus another few hundred to follow.
Bradford Place can't use Double Deckers so even if Walsall did get enough they can't be used on the 4 anyway.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

don

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 24, 2024, 07:19:40 PMBradford Place can't use Double Deckers so even if Walsall did get enough they can't be used on the 4 anyway.
If you mean because of Bridgeman Street bridge, buses could use Pleck Road and The Broadway or direct in towards Bradford Place from Pleck Road. In any case, even if the Scanias at Walsall were replaced by B7RLEs can those get under the bridge? And any electric single decker would be hard pressed so the route to/from depot issue surely has to be dealt with in the near future. Could the route swap to WB anyway as part of a switch around of routes? 

Stu

Quote from: don on February 24, 2024, 08:01:57 PMIf you mean because of Bridgeman Street bridge, buses could use Pleck Road and The Broadway or direct in towards Bradford Place from Pleck Road. In any case, even if the Scanias at Walsall were replaced by B7RLEs can those get under the bridge? And any electric single decker would be hard pressed so the route to/from depot issue surely has to be dealt with in the near future. Could the route swap to WB anyway as part of a switch around of routes?
You still have the issue that double decks do not legally fit under the bridge at Sandwell & Dudley station.

So they still can't be used on the 4s unless that current diversion becomes permanent, which would require a redrawing of the timetable due to the additional running time needed, and that would mean either an additional vehicle being added to the service, which increases operating costs, or a frequency reduction, which it would appear passengers wouldn't be happy with.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steve3229vp

Quote from: don on February 24, 2024, 08:01:57 PMIf you mean because of Bridgeman Street bridge, buses could use Pleck Road and The Broadway or direct in towards Bradford Place from Pleck Road. In any case, even if the Scanias at Walsall were replaced by B7RLEs can those get under the bridge? And any electric single decker would be hard pressed so the route to/from depot issue surely has to be dealt with in the near future. Could the route swap to WB anyway as part of a switch around of routes?
Your looking at approximately 16 buses used on 4/4E/4M. I can't think of a route at WB using that amount of buses which would we able to run from WA.

don

Quote from: Steve3229vp on February 24, 2024, 08:43:59 PMYour looking at approximately 16 buses used on 4/4E/4M. I can't think of a route at WB using that amount of buses which would we able to run from WA.
Couldn't a swap round be done with Pensnett, Wolverhampton and Walsall (eg 529 to Walsall), a route from WB to Pensnett and Pensnett to WN? Yes, agree re the diversion to avoid the bridge at Sandwell and Dudley Parkway. 

Steve3229vp

Quote from: don on February 24, 2024, 09:16:03 PMCouldn't a swap round be done with Pensnett, Wolverhampton and Walsall (eg 529 to Walsall), a route from WB to Pensnett and Pensnett to WN? Yes, agree re the diversion to avoid the bridge at Sandwell and Dudley Parkway.
The only way could be WA continuing running the 4 to West Bromwich only. PN and WB using double deckers to run 4M (using a different route number) PN from West Brom to Merry Hill with WB running shorts West Brom to Blackheath.
The biggest problem with this is it would be very unpopular with passengers.

Westy

The 529 used to be run by Walsall only years ago.

Why did it swop to Wolves instead?

Lukeee

Unless this diversion becomes permanent then deckers won't be used on the 4, and as someone that's drove the 4/4H in the past the stop at sandwell and dudley station, 9 times out of 10 you will have passengers so won't be popular re-routing it away

Bus_user_jay

Whenever I have been at Bradford Place, WA buses run dead via Caldmore Road, Upper Hall Lane and Dudley Street. Also the B7RLEs can't go under the Bridgeman Street bridge either (as they're never on 39) but they're at Bradford Place every day.... are they meant to run dead down Bridgeman Street?

don

Quote from: Steve3229vp on February 24, 2024, 08:43:59 PMYour looking at approximately 16 buses used on 4/4E/4M. I can't think of a route at WB using that amount of buses which would we able to run from WA.
Interestingly there are 19 B7RLEs at Coventry - presumably will be replaced for the 2025 'Electric City'.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Bus_user_jay on February 24, 2024, 11:13:14 PMWhenever I have been at Bradford Place, WA buses run dead via Caldmore Road, Upper Hall Lane and Dudley Street. Also the B7RLEs can't go under the Bridgeman Street bridge either (as they're never on 39) but they're at Bradford Place every day.... are they meant to run dead down Bridgeman Street?
B7RLE's have been on the 39:
9/02/24 - 2133 was on there on the 1039 and 1209 Walsall - Stowlawn and 1124 Stowlawn - Walsall

MW

Quote from: Bus_user_jay on February 24, 2024, 11:13:14 PMWhenever I have been at Bradford Place, WA buses run dead via Caldmore Road, Upper Hall Lane and Dudley Street. Also the B7RLEs can't go under the Bridgeman Street bridge either (as they're never on 39) but they're at Bradford Place every day.... are they meant to run dead down Bridgeman Street?

B7RLE & Omnilinks are both the same height. (10ft 6)

BlackCountryBusSpotter

B7's can get under but they might scrape it due to the Curved Roof Tony said either way the Bridge at Sandwell and Dudley on the 4 route NX marked as no Double Deckers. Yes I assume the Morning 34 DD that comes off The 701, the Evening Peak 34/37 DD that comes off the 881 all go back to Garage via Caldmore or Pleck Road. But either way the issue of why the 4 can have DD's has been explained before 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Be surprised if Walsall goes electric, as I thought with the hydros for the 51, the rest of the depot routes might go hydro, to be easier?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk