News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Sunny Travel

Started by Tony, July 05, 2012, 07:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: countryliner on February 02, 2016, 09:20:25 PM
@2206 - There is a huge amount of bus operators all over the UK (far too many to list) that do not publish their fares on their websites. The operators that do publish their fares usually only publish the prices of day / week / month tickets with very few operators publishing the prices of single / return tickets. But there are very many operators that do not publish the prices of any of their fares at all.
Stagecoach, NX, Banga, Hansons, Igo, Banga, First, Go North East, Oxford Bus Company and Transdev all publish there fares.
Quote from: countryliner on February 02, 2016, 09:22:21 PM
@2206 - I know that passengers would not find a fleet list useful but it would be useful and nice for enthusiasts.
Well the main point of a companies website is to provide passengers with usefull infomation. There are other websites were enthusiasts can find a fleetlist like the Main Site.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

Thank you all once again for your inputs.  I previously ran a very successful website using moonfruit although with my own domain name.  Yes having our oen domain name would be much much better & thst will come after proof of concept & full details are online.
Time of course a valuable quantity & with trying to manage 3 fleets is in very little supply but it will take shape over time. We have spoken to centro who have agreed to alter our tickets to print our web adress on the footer of each ticket which will then add to our visibility.
A fleet section is planned some of you mau be glad to hear but that will be of little intrest to general public so will be the last thing I concentrate on.  Plus we're still waiting for the fleet to stabalise a little so a fleetlist doesnt need updating too regular. 
In fact im going to view another couple of buses tomorrow,  so u can appreciate why I dont want a fleet list just yet.

I think the photos from a general public point of view is to indicate who we are & the improvements we have made to our fleet over time.
just looking for some pictures of our OLD step entrance sheds to further indicate just how far we have come from that little cowboy outfit tgat used masking tape on windows lol.

Steveminor

One thing I gorgot to mention in the fares section though.

We give change! !!

countryliner

@Steveminor - That is intetesting to hear. So do you have to get permission from Centro just to change the details that are printed on your tickets. I am very surprised at that as i thought that all bus operators would be able to program and change the details on their ticket machines themselves. That is interesting that you are looking at more buses tomorrow. Are you looking to buy any additional vehicles for Discount / Social / Sunny or to replace any of the fleet. I agree that Moonfruit can be a good website provider to use as we used this at two of the previous operators that i worked for (Coastal and Palaeobus - both have ceased trading) and it seems to work well. As a suggestion maybe you could ask Network West Midlands and Traveline to put a link to your website on their bus operators details pages (if you have not done so already). Yes putting information that you give change on your buses on your website would certainly be useful. But i must say that Sunny Travel have definetly come very far and are constantly improving.

@2206 - Yes i fully agree with your point as websites are mainly to provide information for ordinary passengers. But if a bus operator is able to put a fleet list on their website then that is certainly a nice thing to do.

@T840MAK - Personally i think that in general bus operators are more likely to keep their websites up to date than other people are as bus operators know more about their fleet then other people do. With the companies that i work for Big Lemon and Compass Bus both have very up to date fleet lists (we used to have them at Buses Excetera and Sussex Bus as well but the management did not really have time to maintain these). But it can be hard work for indiviuals (who do not work for a bus operator) to keep fleet lists up to date. I am sure that @Tony probably finds it hard to keep up to date fleet lists for all of the bus operators that he covers.

Adam 404

Quote from: countryliner on February 02, 2016, 09:20:25 PM
@2206 - There is a huge amount of bus operators all over the UK (far too many to list) that do not publish their fares on their websites. The operators that do publish their fares usually only publish the prices of day / week / month tickets with very few operators publishing the prices of single / return tickets. But there are very many operators that do not publish the prices of any of their fares at all.
@countryliner
http://hinckleybus.co.uk/tickets/
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tickets/all-tickets
http://www.traveldecourcey.com/timetable_search/fares_tickets.aspx
http://www.centralbuses.com/fares-tickets/
http://www.diamondbuses.com/tickets.html
http://www.midlandclassic.com/fares-and-tickets/
http://www.igobuses.com/times/41C.html (Under the timetable)
http://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/tickets-prices/

A FEW! I'm not so sure that you are correct...

countryliner

@Adam 404 - Here are some examples of bus operators that do not display any information or anything about their bus fares on their websites.

www.bangabuses.co.uk
www.carlonelimited.co.uk
www.connect-buses.co.uk
www.emsworthanddistrict.co.uk
www.kentcoachtours.co.uk
www.ramblercoaches.co.uk
www.renowngroup.co.uk
www.reptonscoaches.com
www.seafordanddistrict.co.uk
www.townlinkbuses.com
www.wheelerstravel.co.uk
www.whitebus.co.uk

I am not saying that it makes them a bad operator because they do not display their fares on their websites as many of the operators that i have listed are very good. But you can see that there are quite a few bus operators that do not display any information about their fares. Also many of the operators that do publish their fares only publish day / week / month ticket prices but not single / return ticket prices. There are only a very few operators that publish their faretables. Stagecoach have recently updated their website so that you can find out the prices of single / return tickets but for example Arriva do not publish their single / return ticket prices anywhere on their website.

Steveminor

Latest acquisition sn51sxu ex herberts travel mpd now heading back to depot

Dom

Quote from: countryliner on February 04, 2016, 05:28:29 AM
@Adam 404 - Here are some examples of bus operators that do not display any information or anything about their bus fares on their websites.

www.bangabuses.co.uk

@countryliner Thanks for that information. Although I would suggest you look at the Banga website as they do display fares.

countryliner

@Steveminor - That is good to hear. Is SN51 SXU a replacement for anything or is it just an additional vehicle.

@WN - Yes. Thank you. I did not realise that the fares were on the timetables page.

RS

Sunnys Latest addition out on 71E today
London Euston

Rob H

Quote from: RS on February 19, 2016, 07:47:50 PM
Sunnys Latest addition out on 71E today

Also is numbered 107 :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

James4368

SN51SXU is out on 71E today

also YT51DZZ
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Rob H

LF52TKC appeared on the 71E today and has got fleet number 104 first time I've seen this one out.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

James4368

LF52TKC is on 71E today

Currently on break at Solihull Train Station
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park