News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Sunny Travel

Started by Tony, July 05, 2012, 07:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James4368

KV03ZFU is on 71E today
En-route to chelmsey now
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

countryliner

@James4368 - Thanks for the info. So i am presume that KV03 ZFU is probably one of the regular allocated vehicles to the Sunny Travel route 71E service.

Steveminor

Www.sunnytravel.moonfruit.com
new website just created feedback would be appreciated.

Quote from: Steveminor on February 02, 2016, 08:14:31 PM
are Social Travel and DTS getting a website as well?
Looks good. Good to see Sunny Travel now have a website.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ashley 60171

@Steveminor

Good little site there. I couldn't zoom in using my thumb and forefinger on my phone but the next button I clicked was the Gallery tab which gives you the desktop option which I could zoom in on which isn't a bad thing at all. I like the Moonfruit part of the URL too, made me smile.

PM

Good to see another small company get a website. I think a PDF direct download would be easier than a link, Hansons site lacks on that aspect.

Stu

A good start I think.

Personally, I'd recommend you invest in a domain name, and use something like Wordpress to build and maintain your website, would be very beneficial in the long term, and as well as helping with SEO, also looks more professional.

Perhaps the three companies could 'club together' to make some kind of 'group website', to share information for Discount and Social too?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Stu on February 02, 2016, 08:37:04 PM
A good start I think.

Personally, I'd recommend you invest in a domain name, and use something like Wordpress to build and maintain your website, would be very beneficial in the long term, and as well as helping with SEO, also looks more professional.

Perhaps the three companies could 'club together' to make some kind of 'group website', to share information for Discount and Social too?

There's a fair few 'Sunny Travel' option available:
https://www.123-reg.co.uk/order/domain?X-CSRF-Token=28c210d5710da15dc451c45624135e2eba28d82c&domain=sunnytravel

Steveminor

Thanks for your input. It is very much a work in progress just wanted to get the basics down first.
I personally think tge link to the nwm site is better as from there people can navigate to other timetable as well as oursIt would be wrong to have a group website to inckude social travel and dts as they are both seperate companies & not part of a group.
There is no current plan for either dts or social to have a website

Stu

Quote from: Steveminor on February 02, 2016, 08:48:34 PM
Thanks for your input. It is very much a work in progress just wanted to get the basics down first.
I personally think tge link to the nwm site is better as from there people can navigate to other timetable as well as oursIt would be wrong to have a group website to inckude social travel and dts as they are both seperate companies & not part of a group.
There is no current plan for either dts or social to have a website

No problem Steve, I think you've got the right idea to begin with. However, one thing I will advise you on, is that one peril of using 'free' sites such as Moonfruit for your website hosting, means you suffer in terms of 'web visibility' as such sites often don't come up favorably in Google search results. And even if you did, people are less likely to click on a link that is part of a 'sub-domain'.

If you ever wanted to explore this further, please feel free to get in touch, as I may be able to assist you if you wanted to set up hosting your websites using Wordpress on your own domain names.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

countryliner

@Steveminor - I have just had a look and it is a really good website. I am very impressed with it. I think that it would be good if Discount Travel and Social Travel had websites as well or if you included them all on one website but i see what you mean about them all being seperate companies. I like the photo section on your website. It would be good if maybe you included an enthusiast section with a fleet list. I think it is good that you have published your fares (many bus operators do not publish them on their websites) as i think that this is really useful. Also do you issue nBus and nNetwork tickets as on your website it says that you do but on the Network West Midlands website it says that you dont. If so maybe you could include the price of a nNetwork ticket as well (your website currently only shows the price of an nBus ticket). But i must say well done as it is certainly a very good website and it contains a lot of really useful information for passengers

Quote from: countryliner on February 02, 2016, 09:11:21 PM
@Steveminor I think it is good that you have published your fares (many bus operators do not publish them on their websites)
Which operators don't have fares on there website?
Quote from: countryliner on February 02, 2016, 09:11:21 PM
@Steveminor - I have just had a look and it is a really good website. I am very impressed with it. I think that it would be good if Discount Travel and Social Travel had websites as well or if you included them all on one website but i see what you mean about them all being seperate companies. I like the photo section on your website. It would be good if maybe you included an enthusiast section with a fleet list. I think it is good that you have published your fares (many bus operators do not publish them on their websites) as i think that this is really useful. Also do you issue nBus and nNetwork tickets as on your website it says that you do but on the Network West Midlands website it says that you dont. If so maybe you could include the price of a nNetwork ticket as well (your website currently only shows the price of an nBus ticket). But i must say well done as it is certainly a very good website and it contains a lot of really useful information for passengers
I don't think many passengers would find a fleetlist usefull.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

countryliner

@2206 - There is a huge amount of bus operators all over the UK (far too many to list) that do not publish their fares on their websites. The operators that do publish their fares usually only publish the prices of day / week / month tickets with very few operators publishing the prices of single / return tickets. But there are very many operators that do not publish the prices of any of their fares at all.

countryliner

@2206 - I know that passengers would not find a fleet list useful but it would be useful and nice for enthusiasts.

T840MAK

Quote from: countryliner on February 02, 2016, 09:22:21 PM
@2206 - I know that passengers would not find a fleet list useful but it would be useful and nice for enthusiasts.

Many operators that I have seen with fleetlists on their website do not keep them up to date. A website is there to provide information to the travelling public, if an operator wishes to add a fleetlist then they may but it is not compulsory as it is of no assistance to any of their passengers.

Fleetlists from different areas across the country are provided by local groups and individuals. My local area has SOES which has an up to date, informative list for each Yorkshire based company, there's websites like uk-buses and of course then there's @Tony's fleetlists on the main website which are kept up to date, more so than an operator would keep theirs up to date on a website as they generally have more important things to deal with.

On the note of the website, its looking superb thus far @Steveminor, as previously mentioned maybe a domain name would help.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk