News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Sunny Travel

Started by Tony, July 05, 2012, 07:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryliner

@Steveminor - Do you or anyone else on this forum know what the "emerald" branding on the sides of LF52 TJX and LF52 TKD and LF52 TKJ (and maybe also on LF52 TKC as well) means. Is this part of the branding for the route 71 service. Thank you.

Rob H

YT51DZZ was out yesterday on 71E seen at Marston Green heading for Solihull @ 07:50
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

countryliner

@Rob2832 - That is good to hear that YT51 DZZ is in service. Has anyone seen W319 VGX in service yet as well. However can i ask are you sure that it was on the 71E as from looking on traveline it appears that Sunny Travel only operate the 71 but not the 71E.

Steveminor

Ourselves & claribels run the 71 along with nxwm but the full 71 route is solihull to Sutton Coldfield as with any route in the west midlands to highlight to the travelling public that the bus does not go the full length of the route the E suffix is used

countryliner

@Steveminor - Ok. I see. Thanks for the info. So i wonder why traveline shows it as the route 71 service rather then showing it as the route 71E service.

Solo1

Quote from: countryliner on January 06, 2016, 03:00:13 AM
@Steveminor - Ok. I see. Thanks for the info. So i wonder why traveline shows it as the route 71 service rather then showing it as the route 71E service.
I thinks as claribells  also run on 71 might go a different way from Marston green by sunny & claribells use 71e

Tony

Quote from: countryliner on January 06, 2016, 03:00:13 AM

Traveline don't show short workings as 'E's'

countryliner

@Tony @Solo1 - Thanks for the info. It would certainly seem to make more sense and be better if traveline showed it as the 71E instead of showing it as the 71.

Tony

Quote from: countryliner on January 06, 2016, 01:29:16 PM
@Tony @Solo1 - Thanks for the info. It would certainly seem to make more sense and be better if traveline showed it as the 71E instead of showing it as the 71.

Does Traveline differentiate between full journies and short workings in any other part of the country?

Why should Birmingham be any different?

In general the 'E' is not shown on the service registration, so traveline have no way of knowing the bus displays it. It is just a leftover from Birmingham City Transport days when every turning point had a suffix letter, which WMPTE abolished at some point and replaced them all with E (for exception to normal service) which is still used to help the travelling public.

countryliner

@Tony - Yes i see what you mean. However in most other parts of the UK outside of the West Midlands short working journeys have the same number as the full length journeys rather than having an "E" suffix. In most other parts of the country an "E" suffix is used to show a route variation rather than a short working journey. I was only thinking that because Sunny Travel (and Claribels as well) only operate 71E numbered journeys (but do not operate 71 numbered journeys) it would make more sense for traveline to just show it as the 71E instead of the 71.

Tony

Quote from: countryliner on January 06, 2016, 01:56:24 PM
@Tony - Yes i see what you mean. However in most other parts of the UK outside of the West Midlands short working journeys have the same number as the full length journeys rather than having an "E" suffix. In most other parts of the country an "E" suffix is used to show a route variation rather than a short working journey. I was only thinking that because Sunny Travel (and Claribels as well) only operate 71E numbered journeys (but do not operate 71 numbered journeys) it would make more sense for traveline to just show it as the 71E instead of the 71.

They cannot as it is not on the service registration as I put in my last reply. Traveline cannot send people out to look what is on the front of the bus. The NXWM 49 service, every alternate bus from Solihull is a 49E, but traveline will show those as 49s for the same reason

countryliner

@Tony - Ok. Thanks for the info. I suppose that it is easier for traveline to just show it as the 71 instead of the 71E on their website and timetables.

Cheese

Quote from: countryliner on January 06, 2016, 03:05:03 PM
@Tony - Ok. Thanks for the info. I suppose that it is easier for traveline to just show it as the 71 instead of the 71E on their website and timetables.

I think as @Tony has explained about 3 times unless the 'E' is on the registration, it will not appear on Traveline. Our Traveline uploader puts onto Traveline what the registration says, end of. Any suffix on the reg, it goes on Traveline. No suffix on the reg doc, no suffix on Traveline. What the operator chooses to show on the front of the bus is up to them.

countryliner

@Cheese - Yes i see what you mean. I was just saying that it would be better if Traveline showed it as the 71E instead of showing it as the 71. However i fully understand now why Traveline do this.

Eric Shaw

Sunny had KV03ZFU on the 71E this afternoon in red and cream. It is an MPD.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk