News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Midland Bus Hire

Started by DJ, October 01, 2018, 11:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

What used to be Central Buses now has R123 AGC, a Wright bodied Dennis Dart SLF. I can't find any information on this bus at all though, and Showbus seems to be the first time it's even been seen? Did it have a different reg previously or something?

It's in a very similar livery to the former Pete's Travel, including the style of text, and it even displayed Pete's Travel and also the 404 to Walsall on the display for a short time at Showbus.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Steveminor

Might very well be former petes p828bud certainly looks like it.

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on October 01, 2018, 02:58:44 PM
Might very well be former petes p828bud certainly looks like it.

Cannot be P828BUD

you are not allowed to put a newer registration on a vehicle, must be at least 'R' registration originally

winston

Quote from: Tony on October 01, 2018, 03:14:12 PM
Cannot be P828BUD

you are not allowed to put a newer registration on a vehicle, must be at least 'R' registration originally

More likely one from the R5**YRP batch

DJ

Someone on Facebook has said it's R846VEC, whether there's any truth to that or not, I'm not sure, as I'm sure we all know how truthful Facebook comments are at times.  ::)

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Steveminor

Looking at a photo of it I think Winston is correct as the yrp batch have bench seats in like this one has.

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on October 01, 2018, 04:39:20 PM
Looking at a photo of it I think Winston is correct as the yrp batch have bench seats in like this one has.

The P8--BUD & R5--YRP batch should all be the same spec as were fram Dawson Rentals

Tony

Quote from: StourValley98 on October 01, 2018, 04:14:39 PM
Someone on Facebook has said it's R846VEC, whether there's any truth to that or not, I'm not sure, as I'm sure we all know how truthful Facebook comments are at times.  ::)

I would say that is correct.

It meets all the criteria, new 8/97, listed on the DVLA as green, and now taken off the DVLA site as all reregistrations are

Steveminor

@Winston they both came from Dawson's but were both different spec the yrp were bench seats the bud were individual seats. Kevin preferred the bench type seating.

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on October 01, 2018, 05:24:12 PM
@Winston they both came from Dawson's but were both different spec the yrp were bench seats the bud were individual seats. Kevin preferred the bench type seating.

Oh right, fair enough @Steveminor .

Steveminor

@Winston it was the same with the Plaxton & East Lancs darts.
I think the "stock" vehicles that they had were individual seats but the ones procured especially to put into Pete's had bench seats.
It was easier to replace the bench seats with those from the retired fleet that's why Kevin preferred them I believe.

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on October 01, 2018, 05:30:47 PM
@Winston it was the same with the Plaxton & East Lancs darts.
I think the "stock" vehicles that they had were individual seats but the ones procured especially to put into Pete's had bench seats.
It was easier to replace the bench seats with those from the retired fleet that's why Kevin preferred them I believe.

@Steveminor I had it in my head that all those Darts of that era had the bend seats, but I may not have been on the P---BUD's. I remember Ludlows also had East Lancs R519/21YRP & Wright R530YRP

fleetline6477

I do hope the vehicle was not moving when the picture was taken. Not a good advert for the safety priorities of a bus operator to be carrying a small child on the front ledge like that, irrespective of how tightly the adult is holding them!!

Tony

Quote from: Winston on October 01, 2018, 05:36:09 PM

@Steveminor I had it in my head that all those Darts of that era had the bend seats, but I may not have been on the P---BUD's. I remember Ludlows also had East Lancs R519/21YRP & Wright R530YRP

P827 BUD definitely has individual seats in this photo
http://wmbusphotos.com/diamondpages/31405.html

Steveminor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk