News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cross Country

Started by Kevin, September 13, 2018, 11:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

It came up on trainline too when I tried. Are you sure you didn't select Birmingham International in error?
;
Why does anyone use trainline anyway when it adds charges?

Trident 4194

Quote from: mikestone on November 24, 2019, 07:56:53 PM
It came up on trainline too when I tried. Are you sure you didn't select Birmingham International in error?
;
Why does anyone use trainline anyway when it adds charges?

I've found out that when I put in a return from Sandwell and Dudley to Leeds the 16:11 return doesn't show up. Yet if I return from new street the 16:11 shows up, not entirely surely why

Cheese

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2019, 09:22:25 AM
I've found out that when I put in a return from Sandwell and Dudley to Leeds the 16:11 return doesn't show up. Yet if I return from new street the 16:11 shows up, not entirely surely why

Possibly due to the 35 min wait or so at New Street as the journey planner won't offer the 1815 train to Sandwell & Dudley as 10 mins is a too short connection time at New Street so assumes you wouldn't wait 35 mins for the 1840, you would do the next train from Leeds instead as that puts you on the 1840.

Caught the 16:21 train back from Burton to Birmingham New Street this afternoon. Was rammed and had to stand squashed in the doorway all the way to New Street. More people then tried to get on an already overcrowded train at both Tamworth and Wilnecotte.
Seemed to be a few unhappy people at Tamworth and Wilnecote as the train left them behind and the departure screens at Wilnecote said the next train wasn't until 18:05.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on November 30, 2019, 06:55:35 PM
Caught the 16:21 train back from Burton to Birmingham New Street this afternoon. Was rammed and had to stand squashed in the doorway all the way to New Street. More people then tried to get on an already overcrowded train at both Tamworth and Wilnecotte.
Seemed to be a few unhappy people at Tamworth and Wilnecote as the train left them behind and the departure screens at Wilnecote said the next train wasn't until 18:05.

Was this a 170?

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on November 30, 2019, 09:54:30 PM
Yes.

I agree they can be very busy, but there's not really a lot cross country can do about it. I travelled back on the HST from Leeds and was very impressed. There very quiet compared to voyagers! Seats available on the service too which is a bonus. Northern have some awful trains operating for them, and they don't use many carriages either

Roy

Worcestershire Parkway will not open on Sunday as scheduled.  Yet again, the opening of a new station has been delayed!
https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/18093387.worcestershire-parkway-delayed-will-not-open-new-year/

Whats the best way of getting from Ward End to Norwich?
Is it best to get the 55/94, then train from New Street to Ely and then change for the train to Norwich? Or is there a better way?

Travelling early tomorrow morning, to arrive by 12:00.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on February 16, 2020, 11:36:51 AM
Is it best to get the 55/94, then train from New Street to Ely and then change for the train to Norwich? Or is there a better way?

Train'd be 4 hours either via Peterborough or London (and the tube)

Coach is 5.5 hours direct on National Express (1 journey a day) or 7-8 hours via London.

Megabus do a couple of journeys a day via Nottingham for 4.5-5 hours. EDIT - the Megabus ones are coach to Nottingham then train to Norwich.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on February 16, 2020, 11:36:51 AM

Depends on when you are travelling and when you plan on returning.

Tried the Journey Planner yet?
https://journeyplanner.networkwestmidlands.com/

(yes, the NWM journey planner gives details on travelling to Norwich!)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

mikestone

Quote from: Roy on December 11, 2019, 12:52:46 PM
Worcestershire Parkway will not open on Sunday as scheduled.  Yet again, the opening of a new station has been delayed!
https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/18093387.worcestershire-parkway-delayed-will-not-open-new-year/
February 23rd now being quoted - although the train I came back from Cardiff on on Thursday had Worcester(sic) Parkway as the next call on the CIS!

Bob

Does abyone know what type of train operates the 13.49 out of New St ( travelling to Burton)

Bob

As its given me a seat reservation which i didnt expect, so assuming its not a 170

Quote from: Bob on February 27, 2020, 01:55:49 PM
As its given me a seat reservation which i didnt expect, so assuming its not a 170
You can reserve seats on the 170's. They had reservation notices on the seats on the 170's when I was travelling between Birmingham and Ely the other week.

Since its calling at Wilnecote and running between Cardiff Central and Nottingham, it looks like a 170.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk