News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Connected City finalised map

Started by Gareth, July 05, 2012, 02:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Quote from: Stu on July 18, 2012, 07:13:47 PM
So much negativity, before this has all actually been put into operation! Seriously, give it a chance, you might be surprised how effectively it'll work.

And in response to the 'if it ain't broke' comment, spend some time on Corporation Street during peak-times, to see just how congested and sluggish things get, with a vast number of buses on high frequency routes squeezing down a narrow street, trying to manoeuvre in and out of stopped buses, and getting stuck behind other vehicles which clearly shouldn't be on that street (I thought it was buses, taxis and delivery vehicles only, but plenty of cars going down there too).

And everyone is assuming that all buses will be waiting for five minutes at their designated terminus stops, I think you'll find that won't be the case at all times!

And for people moaning about a 'short walk' between interchanges, if you're travelling between areas, its likely you're already having to walk a short distance to get from one bus service to another. The exercise will do you good!

If its going to fail, lets give it a chance to fail, before dooming it to failure before it begins. Some positivity please!

My concern is nothing to do with buses waiting 5 minutes, I never mentioned that and I know from experience they won't...there won't be time anyway.

I hate when people say 'don't be negative' or 'give it a chance' or more positivity' without actually tackling the points I raised. Please have a look at my posts and tell me why the points I've made aren't going to be problems? That's what I want to hear, and I'm happy to be challenged...but not with 'let's be more positive'! For instance, 6 high frequency services using the stop in Albert St, it doesn't need much for chaos there, just a little bunching.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk