News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Connected City finalised map

Started by Gareth, July 05, 2012, 02:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Here is the link to the finalised Connected City map, released this morning.

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/connectedcity/maps.swf

Gareth

Spoke to soon, a couple of amendments have been made due to one or two mistakes.

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/connectedcity-new/Maps.swf

nx4737

I notice the X73 isn't on there...

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on July 05, 2012, 02:20:30 PM
Spoke to soon, a couple of amendments have been made due to one or two mistakes.

I believe that is still not correct as I was told yesterday the 934/5 & 997 are now going to come out of City from High Street, along Bull Street and down Corporation Street to the Childrens Hospital, not via Albert Street & Moor Street

Roy

Quote from: Tony on July 05, 2012, 06:18:25 PM
Quote from: Gareth on July 05, 2012, 02:20:30 PM

I believe that is still not correct as I was told yesterday the 934/5 & 997 are now going to come out of City from High Street, along Bull Street and down Corporation Street to the Childrens Hospital, not via Albert Street & Moor Street

I've just received an email from Centro with a map and boarding points list.  This shows the stopping points for 934/5 and 997 as JW1, BT1, MS14 and BS16.  BS16 is by Boots in High Street and would enable these routes to leave the City Centre via Bull Street and Corporation Street.  However, no further stopping point is shown. 

monkeyjoe

IN the evening mail it indicates bus stops BS1 BS2 BS3. Lower Bull street will not be ready until some time in the future.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 05, 2012, 08:40:04 PM
IN the evening mail it indicates bus stops BS1 BS2 BS3. Lower Bull street will not be ready until some time in the future.

Yes those are for the 33, 51 etc which is why they are still using the temp stop in Albert Street

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Tony on July 05, 2012, 09:09:27 PM
Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 05, 2012, 08:40:04 PM

Yes those are for the 33, 51 etc which is why they are still using the temp stop in Albert Street

I'm not happy about that still think the 94's etc could have kept that positioning when they become ready but arh well, you can't please everybody. ;D

Tony

They couldn't have kept that position as the road is being reversed. The advantage with using it for the Perry Barr services is they will be able to use the lower half of Corporation Street to Exit City. Saltley Services would have needed to go down Priory Queensway, so might as well have it's stops there

MW

Am I right in saying the Stratford Road services will enter Carrs Lane and exit via Albert Street coming back down Moor Street past the Bullring and going on their way? If so, will the 37 stop on the single pole stop at the Markets as I'd imagine it'd lose it's Bullring Market shelter stop.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Tony on July 05, 2012, 09:48:23 PM
They couldn't have kept that position as the road is being reversed. The advantage with using it for the Perry Barr services is they will be able to use the lower half of Corporation Street to Exit City. Saltley Services would have needed to go down Priory Queensway, so might as well have it's stops there

I hear what your saying but the Perry barr services could still could have had the shorter route round argos and the saltley services could have kept the position going round the other way, but can't please everyone.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 05, 2012, 10:29:41 PM

I hear what your saying but the Perry barr services could still could have had the shorter route round argos and the saltley services could have kept the position going round the other way, but can't please everyone.

The Dale end stop had used to be 33 anyway if that is the stop that you mean?

monkeyjoe

Nah im not on about that stop. I was on about Lower Bull street, which will be out of action for a period of time.

Stu

Quote from: Michael on July 05, 2012, 09:57:25 PM
Am I right in saying the Stratford Road services will enter Carrs Lane and exit via Albert Street coming back down Moor Street past the Bullring and going on their way? If so, will the 37 stop on the single pole stop at the Markets as I'd imagine it'd lose it's Bullring Market shelter stop.

Yes, they'll stop at the Markets on the way into the city (the stop is shown as MK6 on the map).
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 06, 2012, 12:37:21 AM
Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 05, 2012, 10:29:41 PM

The Dale end stop had used to be 33 anyway if that is the stop that you mean?

That would have meant both the Saltley and the Perry Barr services going down The Priory Queensway which is going to be extremely busy anyway. Much better to have some buses avoiding the Moor Street/The Priory Queensway Junction and buy doing this all Perry Barr and Sutton Services will be avoiding that junction

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk