News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Going round in circles

Started by matt904102, July 01, 2012, 10:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt904102

Bring back the 247/8 and 264/5

hartshill busman 724210

Why 264/5? 226 does route now and without the russells hall diversion .Much better for punters going to Dudley.

Discodave

247 and 8 yes was a really bad move agree with not for the 264/5 the 226 does a lot better job just without NXWM running it shame for people whom like NXWM.  Hansons are a good company but diamond well just to say not many can speak english and there driving is dire just keeping away from the discrimination issue

hartshill busman 724210

An observation regarding diamond would be the clocks on their ticket machine must also run slow as they seem unable to run to a timetable >:(

Roy

Quote from: Discodave on July 01, 2012, 12:30:16 PM
247 and 8 yes was a really bad move agree with not for the 264/5 the 226 does a lot better job just without NXWM running it shame for people whom like NXWM.  Hansons are a good company but diamond well just to say not many can speak english and there driving is dire just keeping away from the discrimination issue

I agree that the service provided by Hansons on the 226 (and on most of their other services) is excellent.  The bully boy tactics employed by Diamond to force Hansons buses off of the 226 last summer was contemptable, and fortunately did not work thanks to the intervention of Centro who insisted on a regular interval timetable.  However, there is no comparison between the two companies on the 226.  Hansons buses are newer, larger and more comfortable than those provided by Diamond (mostly old MPD's).  I for one still treat the 226 as a half hourly route as I will only catch a Diamond operated 226 when they are Centro subsidised services in the evenings and on Sundays.

I certainly can see no reason for reintroducing the 264/265 circular services.

hartshill busman 724210

Roy. Nice comments about Hansons.Just think if they had`nt done a last minute extension to their centro contract we could all have been rid of them by now.

Tomjusttom

Quote from: hartshill busman on July 01, 2012, 03:23:31 PM
An observation regarding diamond would be the clocks on their ticket machine must also run slow as they seem unable to run to a timetable >:(

Diamond??? 226 timetable??? Biggest work of fiction since Harry Potter. Weekdays I've seen them up to a hour late and Sunday's upto 20 early!

Last night I went to catch a tendered trip and the bus turned up late (coming not in service because the driver was running off the previous journey back to depot early!!!)

Their performance on the 226 makes Thandi look respectable!

Discodave

Quote from: Tomjusttom on July 01, 2012, 11:48:40 PM
Quote from: hartshill busman on July 01, 2012, 03:23:31 PM

Diamond??? 226 timetable??? Biggest work of fiction since Harry Potter. Weekdays I've seen them up to a hour late and Sunday's upto 20 early!

Last night I went to catch a tendered trip and the bus turned up late (coming not in service because the driver was running off the previous journey back to depot early!!!)

Their performance on the 226 makes Thandi look respectable!

Steve Bryce when I was there really clamped down hard on early runners and lost tendered milage without good reason and sacked a few glad they were the poles but now hes gone to yourbus things are terrible they deserve to lose all their tendered work to Arriva or others the 256 soon went back to NXWM

Nathan4775

I havent really got a problem with Diamond Buses to be honest, the only problem i do have is when there upto 20 minutes late or more, or decided not to stop  ::)other than that i think Diamond are A good company

Hanson -
Traveled on them once on a Dudley Service, they are clean, smell nice & smarter in my opinion others may think diffrent

Diamond & Hansons do a good job of operating the 226 from what Ive seen but im not a full user of the Dudley Services
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

hartshill busman 724210

Nathan surely the fact they run late and /or don`t stop for you as a passenger are a VERY big Problem!!!!!!

Nathan4775

Quote from: hartshill busman on July 02, 2012, 07:22:58 PM
Nathan surely the fact they run late and /or don`t stop for you as a passenger are a VERY big Problem!!!!!!

Sometimes when they run late its a bonus for me if i have to get another bus afterwards, becuase it saves me waiting around,

But its mainly Blue Diamond that dont stop & are unreliable  ::)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Discodave

Quote from: NathanJC on July 02, 2012, 04:59:21 PM
I havent really got a problem with Diamond Buses to be honest, the only problem i do have is when there upto 20 minutes late or more, or decided not to stop  ::)other than that i think Diamond are A good company

Hanson -
Traveled on them once on a Dudley Service, they are clean, smell nice & smarter in my opinion others may think diffrent

Diamond & Hansons do a good job of operating the 226 from what Ive seen but im not a full user of the Dudley Services

Hansons are ok but with regards to the 226 diamond only do a good job as centro forced them to

hartshill busman 724210

As stated elsewhere they don`t run to time, well not the time on a timetable

Tomjusttom

Quote from: hartshill busman on July 04, 2012, 08:03:42 PM

A copy of the diamond 226 timetable can be found in the fiction section of Dudley library

Discodave

Quote from: Tomjusttom on July 05, 2012, 12:27:45 AM
Quote from: hartshill busman on July 04, 2012, 08:03:42 PM

A copy of the diamond 226 timetable can be found in the fiction section of Dudley library

Science fiction lol ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk