News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

For Sale

Started by Tony, June 29, 2012, 10:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: sconehead85 on November 02, 2012, 11:50:41 PM
JINGS CRIVENS GADZOOKS! Apologies Winston.  I must have scrolled past.

sconehead85

No need to apologise....

winston

Quote from: Rob H on November 02, 2012, 09:15:15 PM
Quote from: Winston on October 31, 2012, 08:13:47 AM
Announced this morning Wigan has been sold to Stagecoach for £12 Million

Any news on RH & KR or will we have to wait until the 7th :)

Still no news re - further First Group UK bus disposals in today's results

midlandred2003

Its all gone very quite on the sale of firsts cast offs?

winston

Chester & Rock Ferry operations have been sold this morning to Stagecoach for £4.5Million involving 110 buses

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=11392400

First are still some way off their £100 Million disposal target

jc

First Worcester and Hereford have had new ticket machines fitted ... Redditch and Kidderminster haven't.

I will let you draw your own conclusions!

winston

Quote from: jc on November 12, 2012, 01:19:45 PM
First Worcester and Hereford have had new ticket machines fitted ... Redditch and Kidderminster haven't.

I will let you draw your own conclusions!

Saw that on Midlandred.net, it doesn't look like First are planning to let HR & WR go for the time being at least......

Bruce_LOA400X

I won't say exactly who/what I have been informed of as it is still subject to official announcement, But I can tell you that First Northampton has been sold.
Transport campaigner and Avid transport enthusiast

winston

Quote from: Bruce_LOA400X on November 12, 2012, 11:43:33 PM
I won't say exactly who/what I have been informed of as it is still subject to official announcement, But I can tell you that First Northampton has been sold.

To Centrebus by all accounts

sconehead85

Quote from: Winston on November 12, 2012, 09:03:25 AM
Chester & Rock Ferry operations have been sold this morning to Stagecoach for £4.5Million involving 110 buses

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=11392400

First are still some way off their £100 Million disposal target

Stagecoach have been interested in this part of First for a while, their vehicles and staff were spotted at Rock Ferry (Birkenhead).

sconehead85

Tomjusttom

Its being like a reverse Z in the map of disposals. First Wigan, then Chester, and after that is Northampton. What's going to be next?

Could Redditch and Kidderminster be next? Or could the trend disappear and just be a random depot being announced. Who knows

sconehead85

Bruce- I wonder if Luton Airport (how can I forget Lorraine Chase, much as I've tried) small bus operation will go with the Northampton sale?  There are four Volvo B7LAs (10180-2, 19031 and B7L 66358.  Perhaps an "airport bus" operator will buy that operation if Arriva are prevented.

sconehead85

Tony

It looks like Barnstable is going to local operator Taw & Torridge

winston

Quote from: Tony on November 14, 2012, 06:12:50 PM

Barnstable depot?

Tony

Quote from: Winston on November 14, 2012, 06:33:23 PM

Barnstable depot?

Yes depot buses and routes, Taw & Torridge are supposed to be moving some of their own routes into the depot as well

notepanel

Quote from: Tony on November 14, 2012, 06:35:57 PM
Quote from: Winston on November 14, 2012, 06:33:23 PM

Barnstable depot?

Yes depot buses and routes, Taw & Torridge are supposed to be moving some of their own routes into the depot as well

Surely it's just the depot that has been sold to them? First stopped operating in Barnstaple on 23rd September, so passengers have now transferred to the alternatives and replacements operated by Stagecoach and other small operators in the area, so there are no 'routes' or 'staff' as such to transfer?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk