News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

For Sale

Started by Tony, June 29, 2012, 10:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

How did Rotala burn their fingers with preston bus???

sconehead85

peter123-  Its supposed to have cost Rotala more than they bargained for.  Preston is the only Rotala operation with step-entry buses to eliminate.

sconehead85

Ashley

Just an off the wall idea, Centrebus could be potential buyers for First Leicester if it ever ends up on the for sale list. As for the potteries, possibly the independents could reign supreme

winston

Quote from: Ashley on November 22, 2012, 10:47:47 PM
Just an off the wall idea, Centrebus could be potential buyers for First Leicester if it ever ends up on the for sale list. As for the potteries, possibly the independents could reign supreme

I would have thought that Centrebus may struggle to raise the kind of money required to be able to buy Leicester if it did ever become for sale, I would have thought that one of the big groups would be more likely to snap it up, we can rule out Arriva due to Oft/MMC issues, Go-Ahead, NX or Stagecoach.

I personally would still like to see NX Group participate in acquiring some of the operations being sold off by First Group & if not of interest, look to expand its UK bus operations in to other areas through the acquisitions of sizable independents or smaller bus groups etc If Leicester did become for sale, I would have thought it would interest NX due to being an urban operation & not located far from Birmingham

Bob

Cant really see independents running the Potteries network lol

winston

Quote from: bob on November 23, 2012, 11:08:40 AM
Cant really see independents running the Potteries network lol

The independent of any size in that area is what's left of D&G & Bakerbus isn't it?

Ashley

They're the largest independents I can think of in that area

tank90

Ok folks I'm now rather confused after reading the Redditch Standard (Friday 23rd November 2012).

The reason I say this is because on page 15 a heading reads; "Evening buses may be extended". And the goes on to say that 'Bosses at First Bus have agreed to look in the new year at further increasing the timtable for the 57 and 58 services..... Operations manager Phil Haines said: "If it keeps on, track we will in the New Year be looking to extend the service over some additional evenings. whether that will be over the whole week it is impossible to say. We haveno intention of withdrawing it and there is no cause for concern if the figures continue along the lines they are doing.'"

Now reading the rest of it, it doesnt look like or say that they are thinking of selling the depot off. Now it could be that the reason for Worcester having new ticket machines is because it is a safe depot and not letting Redditch a nd Kidderminster having new ones is away of getting the two garages to make more money and the 4 garages are kept together. Just a way ward thought.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Justin Tyme

Quote from: tank90 on November 23, 2012, 11:22:07 PM
Ok folks I'm now rather confused after reading the Redditch Standard (Friday 23rd November 2012).

The reason I say this is because on page 15 a heading reads; "Evening buses may be extended". And the goes on to say that 'Bosses at First Bus have agreed to look in the new year at further increasing the timtable for the 57 and 58 services..... Operations manager Phil Haines said: "If it keeps on, track we will in the New Year be looking to extend the service over some additional evenings. whether that will be over the whole week it is impossible to say. We haveno intention of withdrawing it and there is no cause for concern if the figures continue along the lines they are doing.'"

Now reading the rest of it, it doesnt look like or say that they are thinking of selling the depot off. Now it could be that the reason for Worcester having new ticket machines is because it is a safe depot and not letting Redditch and Kidderminster having new ones is away of getting the two garages to make more money and the 4 garages are kept together. Just a way ward thought.

I don't think I would read anything significant into this.  The business still has to be run, targets still have to be met and opportunities taken, whatever happens.  It is quite common for bus service changes to happen (and vehicle transfers if necessary) for good housekeeping reasons, even if a sale is forthcoming.

More could be read into RH and KR not being given new ticket machines - that appears to still leave all options open.

jc

Theres a lot more to that article than meets to eye, the article below also reads of a Diamond review in Redditch, watch this space as unexpected things will happen rather soon!

Ash

Quote from: jc on November 25, 2012, 08:02:36 PM
Theres a lot more to that article than meets to eye, the article below also reads of a Diamond review in Redditch, watch this space as unexpected things will happen rather soon!

As in rotala may be purchasing First's operation in Redditch or Rotala preparing themselves incase of a possible takeover of First within the area red diamond operates.

jc

No, Rotala are not buying the First depots, the Diamond threat is more a 'lets run at them while there down' attempt.

If anything Diamond need services out of Redditch to connect with the Blue and Black ones in the West Midlands or even services to Stratford, Evesham and Bromsgrove, something which until they introduce will mean they will never take half the passengers from First.

Ash

I doubt rotala will put any investment into the West Midlands bus operations (black/blue/red diamond) although to attract more passengers im sure an investment in some newer vehilces would be a start then use them on new commerical services to link their network together.

winston

Quote from: jc on November 25, 2012, 08:18:51 PM
No, Rotala are not buying the First depots, the Diamond threat is more a 'lets run at them while there down' attempt.

If anything Diamond need services out of Redditch to connect with the Blue and Black ones in the West Midlands or even services to Stratford, Evesham and Bromsgrove, something which until they introduce will mean they will never take half the passengers from First.

So what exactly is happening? hopefully not Stagecoach buying again.....

jc

I can't reveal what is happening but something will happen in earlyish 2013, something quite unexpected too, but thats all i can say at this stage.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk