News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Kev's Cars & Coaches

Started by Adam 404, January 09, 2018, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Quote from: LiamsTransport1 on March 21, 2023, 04:18:09 PMHello all, Just wondering if anyone could help me, Obviously due to the current situation with NX buses on strike. The only operator which is still running round my area is Kev's, I never used Kev's before and I can't seem to find the ticket prices anywhere online so just wondering if anyone could advise me on how much a day ticket with Kev's would cost as I would need to use a few buses per trip out?

Thanks in advance.
Kevs issue and accept nBus and nNetwork tickets. The former costs £4.20 and is valid all day within the West Midlands and certain additional areas provided your journey starts or finishes in the West Midlands (for example Rubery to Longbridge). NNETWORK is valid on the Metro and also national rail services within the West Midlands.  I'm not sure if they offer other season tickets. 

LiamsTransport1

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 21, 2023, 05:29:38 PMKevs issue and accept nBus and nNetwork tickets. The former costs £4.20 and is valid all day within the West Midlands and certain additional areas provided your journey starts or finishes in the West Midlands (for example Rubery to Longbridge). NNETWORK is valid on the Metro and also national rail services within the West Midlands.  I'm not sure if they offer other season tickets.
Excellent Thanks, I'm just about in the West Midlands zone  :laugh:
Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

igogeneral

Quote from: LiamsTransport1 on March 21, 2023, 10:04:06 PMExcellent Thanks, I'm just about in the West Midlands zone  :laugh:
Hi Liam and welcome to KEVSbus. As much as anyone else we want this strike over because of the effect it could have on the long term future of public transport in our area. That said we hope you and others have, in Kev's, found a viable alternative to your normal travel arrangements.

LiamsTransport1

Cheers for the help all, Got round to using Kevs today instead of the usual NX services. 

Both 19 and 39A bus I caught where both On time which was excellent :smiley:  - Managed to catch one of the Ex London E200s, are these a permanent addition to the fleet? 

igogeneral

Quote from: LiamsTransport1 on April 03, 2023, 03:08:26 PMCheers for the help all, Got round to using Kevs today instead of the usual NX services.

Both 19 and 39A bus I caught where both On time which was excellent :smiley:  - Managed to catch one of the Ex London E200s, are these a permanent addition to the fleet?
Thanks Liam. Good to hear that both services were as reliable as ever. Hopefully the ex London vehicles will leave us by July as their centre exits do not suit West Midlands operation but we at Kev's will be for ever thankful for them as we would never have got over the fire without them

LiamsTransport1

Quote from: igogeneral on April 03, 2023, 09:40:06 PMHopefully the ex London vehicles will leave us by July as their centre exits do not suit West Midlands operation but we at Kev's will be for ever thankful for them as we would never have got over the fire without them
Thanks Igo, I've got a couple of months to get them ticked off then :smiley:

hlliwmai

Quote from: igogeneral on April 03, 2023, 09:40:06 PMThanks Liam. Good to hear that both services were as reliable as ever. Hopefully the ex London vehicles will leave us by July as their centre exits do not suit West Midlands operation but we at Kev's will be for ever thankful for them as we would never have got over the fire without them

Could you not retrofit them to Euro 6? Surely it would be a cheaper option and as you rightly said they helped the company to continue after the fire  

Quote from: hlliwmai on April 04, 2023, 12:58:13 PMCould you not retrofit them to Euro 6? Surely it would be a cheaper option and as you rightly said they helped the company to continue after the fire 
Think they might already be euro 6 as they're ex London, like the ex London Green Bus deckers as well. CAZ checker says YX61GAO is.
Middle door I presume this would only be used if required be a wheelchair where the ramp has to be used, and as emergency access?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: hlliwmai on April 04, 2023, 12:58:13 PMCould you not retrofit them to Euro 6? Surely it would be a cheaper option and as you rightly said they helped the company to continue after the fire 
It's not a case of them needing to be 'retrofitted', as @igogeneral already stated the dual-door setup is just not suited to West Midlands operations. Besides, I believe its already been posted earlier in this thread that Kevs have some new buses already on order and awaiting delivery for their new TfWM contracts, so these will naturally become surplus to requirements.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

igogeneral

Quote from: Stu on April 04, 2023, 06:46:56 PMIt's not a case of them needing to be 'retrofitted', as @igogeneral already stated the dual-door setup is just not suited to West Midlands operations. Besides, I believe its already been posted earlier in this thread that Kevs have some new buses already on order and awaiting delivery for their new TfWM contracts, so these will naturally become surplus to requirements.
Most stops in WM are fitted with Kassell kerbs for front entrance vehicles which makes it impossible to park the vehicle in an accessible manner for wheelchairs and some buggies. Also because of the front of the vehicle configuration it is impossible to even load some of the larger buggies through the front entrance. All this delays the service. The vehicles themselves are excellent mechanically and have already been converted to Euro 6 but we want to get back to where we were pre the fire with a modern fleet suited for operation in our area. That said we will be forever grateful to Dawson rentals who supplied us with these vehicles at such short notice.
Four new vehicles for the 10/55 due to arrive June

LiamsTransport1

Hello, me again!  :laugh:

Just doing some research into a future bus trip which I'm planning, 
I use a Swift GO card and I was just wondering if I am able to use on 318 service between Stourbridge and Bromsgrove as I know that bus runs mainly out of the West Midlands area? 

If not, How much is a single fare if I pay from the driver.

Thanks 

Stu

Quote from: LiamsTransport1 on April 08, 2023, 11:38:57 PMHello, me again!  :laugh:

Just doing some research into a future bus trip which I'm planning,
I use a Swift GO card and I was just wondering if I am able to use on 318 service between Stourbridge and Bromsgrove as I know that bus runs mainly out of the West Midlands area?

If not, How much is a single fare if I pay from the driver.

Thanks
Swift Go is not valid on Services 147, 318 and 355:
 https://www.tfwm.org.uk/swift-and-tickets/swift-go/swift-go-cap-prices/

Kevs are participating in the £2 max single fare scheme until June 2023.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

LiamsTransport1

Quote from: Stu on April 09, 2023, 09:17:49 AMSwift Go is not valid on Services 147, 318 and 355:
 https://www.tfwm.org.uk/swift-and-tickets/swift-go/swift-go-cap-prices/

Kevs are participating in the £2 max single fare scheme until June 2023.
Thanks Stu, much appreciated 

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Stu on April 09, 2023, 09:17:49 AMSwift Go is not valid on Services 147, 318 and 355:
I have not been on the 355 for some time but the 318 and 147 have 'regular' drivers who are always polite and helpful.  :smiley:

Quote from: Stu on April 09, 2023, 09:17:49 AMKevs are participating in the £2 max single fare scheme until June 2023.
Are they definitely participating @Stu as they are not listed in the West Midlands section on the Gov site?
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/2-bus-fare-cap#west-midlands

Of those in the TFWM area NX, Stagecoach, Arriva, Diamond, Select Buses, Chaserider and Banga are listed?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk