News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Day/period validity

Started by the trainbasher, October 03, 2017, 10:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Hi all

If I were to purchase a day/period ticket, hypothetically speaking, when would that ticket no longer be valid if it were to expire today

If the answer was end of service then when would that correspond to on 24 hour routes and routes like the 801/2?

This question concerns both NXWM and TFWM issued products in the main but I would also be interested in what the diamond validity would be if anyone knows.

cheers

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

markcf83

If I remember correctly the limit for a day ticket in Birmingham and the surrounding areas is about 2am. Others can correct me if I have this wrong.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Kevin

I thought 4am departures still counted as previous day. Although I'm not sure now
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

karl724223

Day tickets valid till the end of that days service
So let's say the 9 finishes at 0200 on Tuesday you can still use day tickets issued on Monday
a 0400 departure on the 9 would need new day tickets  Monday's would not be valid

the trainbasher

Quote from: karl724223 on October 03, 2017, 05:25:52 PM
Day tickets valid till the end of that days service
So let's say the 9 finishes at 0200 on Tuesday you can still use day tickets issued on Monday
a 0400 departure on the 9 would need new day tickets  Monday's would not be valid

That is what I thought, valid til end of service for non 24 hour routes. One of my friends had a problem as a London Midland ticket office were claiming that they were fixed at 2359 for both bus and train as they were planning to use the last 9 Ex City after a concert to get back home.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 03, 2017, 05:50:08 PM
That is what I thought, valid til end of service for non 24 hour routes. One of my friends had a problem as a London Midland ticket office were claiming that they were fixed at 2359 for both bus and train as they were planning to use the last 9 Ex City after a concert to get back home.

Well most train tickets expire at 04:29 the day after the final day of validity if they are things like anytime tickets or cheap day returns, of cause advance tickets are different. Whoever said 23:59 was wrong.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk