News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Changes - October 22nd 2017.

Started by 2206, September 01, 2017, 05:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TT90

126 Route change confirmed and now on the NX website. W/c 15th October.

Stu

Quote from: TT90 on October 11, 2017, 08:43:19 AM
126 Route change confirmed and now on the NX website. W/c 15th October.

Forgive my ignorance if there is something I'm not aware of, but if buses can no longer turn right from Broad Street, is there a reason why the 126 cannot just turn left there (like all the other Broad Street services do) instead of going via Bridge Street and Holliday Street to turn left?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on October 11, 2017, 06:25:42 PM
Forgive my ignorance if there is something I'm not aware of, but if buses can no longer turn right from Broad Street, is there a reason why the 126 cannot just turn left there (like all the other Broad Street services do) instead of going via Bridge Street and Holliday Street to turn left?
The 126 doesn't use Bridge Street and Holiday Street.
No buses use Bridge Street and Holiday Street?

The 126 is being rerouted due to the closure of the right turn onto Suffolk Street Queensway from Broad Street, nothing to do with Bridge Street and Holiday Street?
Though to still serve the Markets it could have gone via, Broad Street, Sheepcote Street, St Vincent Street, Summer Hill Street, Sand Pits and then followed the 82/7 down to Holloway Head or is there something preventing that as well?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on October 11, 2017, 06:42:37 PM
The 126 doesn't use Bridge Street and Holiday Street.
No buses use Bridge Street and Holiday Street?

The 126 is being rerouted due to the closure of the right turn onto Suffolk Street Queensway from Broad Street, nothing to do with Bridge Street and Holiday Street?
Though to still serve the Markets it could have gone via, Broad Street, Sheepcote Street, St Vincent Street, Summer Hill Street, Sand Pits and then followed the 82/7 down to Holloway Head or is there something preventing that as well?

See the NX website: http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/126-route-change-in-birmingham-from-sunday-15th-october

QuoteTowards Birmingham, buses will change to operate along Broad Street, Bridge Street, Holliday Street, Suffolk Street Queensway, Paradise Circus Queensway, Great Charles Street Queensway, Snow Hill Queensway, Colmore Circus Queensway and Colmore Row. Buses will terminate at the first stop on Colmore Row (stop SH1).

I suppose they could have diverted it along the 22/23/24/29 route, so it could have still at least served New Street, would that have added too much to the running time though?
My locals:

Quote from: Stu on October 11, 2017, 08:03:35 PM
See the NX website: http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/126-route-change-in-birmingham-from-sunday-15th-october

I suppose they could have diverted it along the 22/23/24/29 route, so it could have still at least served New Street, would that have added too much to the running time though?
Edit - Sorry, I see what you mean now, does anyone know why it can't just turn left at the end of Broad Street with the 9 and other Broad Street routes then?
Unless the other Broad Street routes are also going to use Holiday Street and Bridge Street?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on October 11, 2017, 08:09:09 PM
I know, but the 126 doesn't use Bridge Street Holiday Street as you said.
It carries onto the bottom of Broad Street and turns right onto Suffolk Street Queensway and it is that right turn onto Suffolks Street Queensway that is being closed.

I know it doesn't use Bridge Street and Holliday Street normally, I was questioning why the NX article states it is going to be diverted along those roads in order to turn left onto Paradise Circus Queensway.
My locals:

TT90

Due to the closure of the bottom of Broad Street ( by Symphony Hall ) for 3 months, all Broad Street services in-bound have to turn right into Bridge Street, left Holliday Street and then left to go past bottom of Broad Street and round onto Great Charles St as normal.

I'm guessing after the 3 months the bottom of Broad Street will be back open but the 126 will still be unable to turn right at the bottom and onto Suffolk Street Queensway ?
WN driver told me the 126 re- route to Colmore Row was for at least 12 months ?.

Stuharris 6360

Interesting, I got my Network West Midlands update email today and no sign of the 126 diversion mentioned and it takes affect on Sunday!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

TT90

Still no notices on the buses informing people of the route change ?
Guessing the branding and announcements will need changing too as it still says serves Markets, Grand Central and Bullring. ?

karl724223

Quote from: TT90 on October 13, 2017, 09:11:49 AM
Still no notices on the buses informing people of the route change ?
Guessing the branding and announcements will need changing too as it still says serves Markets, Grand Central and Bullring. ?
works on gps so if the bus doesn't go there it won't go off

I got an email from NX about the route change on the 126 service in brum this morning, I think everybody who use  the platinums wifi service probably got one if so fair play, I still don't get why it will go down bridge st and holiday st odd it seems

karl724223

Quote from: 2900 on October 13, 2017, 12:29:09 PM
I got an email from NX about the route change on the 126 service in brum this morning, I think everybody who use  the platinums wifi service probably got one if so fair play, I still don't get why it will go down bridge st and holiday st odd it seems
probably because broad st is only open one way out bound  and we can't go sheepcote st due to residents complaining

CL

Been two days since the diversion was put in place; currently on a 24, driver of bus in front came to ask mine where the Broad Street diversion was. Even some drivers are in the unknown!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Solo1

Quote from: karl724223 on September 15, 2017, 06:49:55 PM
From 22nd  October there will be a 9N run on weekends possibly only to Halesowen
i take it bus passes & it wil be normally fares on the 9n

sonic84

I noticed this week that the destination displays on the 9 have been updated to advertise the new fri and sat night service.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk