News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Velo bike ride 24th September

Started by karl724223, August 17, 2017, 04:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: karl724223 on September 24, 2017, 08:22:05 PM
READ POST NUMBER ONE !!
Post 1 doesn't tell me anything about where I was supposed to get on the 48 in Bearwood.
If I knew or there were posters put up at stops then I'd have easily found my way.

Quote from: Jack on September 24, 2017, 08:25:27 PM
It would make things easier if you didn't post crap about the chaos.
Since when were you a moderator?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on September 24, 2017, 08:25:37 PM
Since when were you a moderator?
Never lol. But you tend to post crap that annoys members. Another fine example is when you use to post a branded E200 MMC off route.

winston

You're both posting crap that will be annoying other members! Take if off the forum or get back on topic..... Winston

karl724223

Every bus stop I drove past on the Hagley road and roads affected did have posters put in them with web site details  maybe you was unlucky and one wasn't put up at your bus stop
Maybe nx should of supplied a bus just for you for the day
Anyway it's happening again next year so put the date in next years diary so you can moan again

Stu

I was going to my parents house today, and decided to risk getting the bus instead of the train. Didn't turn out that bad in the end, the 120 was a nice 'magical mystery tour' today, as well as the diversion away from Hagley Road, there was also the diversion in Londonderry to contend with, so ended up having to walk up from the Merrivale, rather than get off round the corner on Warley Road.

As of 8pm this evening, while Hagley Road was open again, Broad Street was still closed, so the 120 driver had to go all round Five Ways Island to get onto Ladywood Middleway, wasn't this supposed to have finished by 7pm?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

Next year they should send the Birmingham velo down the Bristol and Pershore Roads in my opinion. Give Warwickshire a crack at being disrupted. I would never want it in my back yard.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

V89MOA

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 24, 2017, 09:53:37 PM
Next year they should send the Birmingham velo down the Bristol and Pershore Roads in my opinion. Give Warwickshire a crack at being disrupted. I would never want it in my back yard.
That is the worst thing they could do, the disruption to the people trying to get to the QE and Birmingham Womens Hospital was bad enough today... They should send it completely the opposite side, away from all the hospitals. Coventry Road perhaps?

the trainbasher

Quote from: V89MOA on September 24, 2017, 10:09:50 PM
That is the worst thing they could do, the disruption to the people trying to get to the QE and Birmingham Womens Hospital was bad enough today... They should send it completely the opposite side, away from all the hospitals. Coventry Road perhaps?

The QE has Harborne as an access point. My other idea was up the Aston Expressway whilst traffic was Still running.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Dom

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 24, 2017, 10:12:27 PM
The QE has Harborne as an access point. My other idea was up the Aston Expressway whilst traffic was Still running.

Harborne has been shut all day. Only 1 244 ran all the way to the QE, with others terminating at Worlds End. The one trip that did run was the 2100 off Dudley. Hardly an access point.

V89MOA

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 24, 2017, 10:12:27 PM
The route was sealed off in Harborne, nobody could get across? Some roads are still closed even now hours later! Aston Expressway would actually not be a bad idea at all, certainly wouldn't cut people off in the same sense as todays route.

MW

Quote from: V89MOA on September 24, 2017, 10:09:50 PM

Coventry Road? lol they'll get out of there with no wheels

Westy

Surprised they never sent it to Walsall?

Then again, you only have to sneeze in Walsall & theres a three mile tailback on all routes into town!

Stuharris 6360

and the idiots have announced they want to do it all again next year.

NE, Diamond etc should approach them for compensation for lost business etc, and lets hope the local councils involved say a big no no!!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

If I was a business affected by it, I would sue them for loss of income plus damages

There again my family solicitors, Dewey, Chetham and Screwem would be happy to take the case, same with Sue, Grabbit and Runne.

Gareth

The business where I work was on a road closed by the Velo race. We made a huge amount of money as a direct result from Velo. We're looking forward to its return next year. My bus wasn't affected either, so all good here!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk