News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stop trial

Started by monkeyjoe, September 26, 2017, 07:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Kevin on September 27, 2017, 03:44:46 PM
I am all for this actually
Many routes around the city have some unnecessary bus stops, like one on either side of an island, and when just one person gets on at every stop for 6/7 in a row then suddenly you've added 2/3/4 minutes to the journey already
The 2 stops before Erdington Six Ways on the 11A are right next to each other, the pole stop is unecessary to be honest. I've never seen anyone use it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on September 27, 2017, 04:45:50 PM
The 2 stops before Erdington Six Ways on the 11A are right next to each other, the pole stop is unecessary to be honest. I've never seen anyone use it.
I think the bus stops on Hassop Road are a waste of time. The UNLOAD Stop for the 52 is a waste of resources. Half the time when the bus is empty and early then the Omnilinks are usually dumped under the Motorway bridge. When time to come round they just drive round the turning on Beeches Road. In my opinion the Unload Stop isn't needed. The buses could just unload at the 'load up' Stop.

Another thing is that when a 52 is sitting at the unload Stop and a 28 comes then it will get stuck behind. Quite daft.

John

28/94 stop at Hodge Hill Common on the Coleshill Road very rarely used both ways

Tyburn Road for the 67/X14. The two stops after the Bagot into City are very close together. Could replace with one stop between the two current ones

karl724223

The poor temporary stops on broad st outbound by the soloman must think they are related to a gyppo family how many times they keep getting moved on

Gareth

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 26, 2017, 08:41:11 PM
No, completely against it. Discriminatory to those who would not be able to walk the 400m gap.

Centro and National Express are opening themselves to a Equality act suit.

You do realise that 'm' stands for metres and not miles? 400 metres is perfectly acceptable. And opening themselves up to a law suit? Complete nonsense. People who live in other areas of the country where stops are spread out further don't sue their local bus company and neither will they start doing so in Birmingham.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk