News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Started by Stu, June 22, 2012, 07:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

I know that the 5A service is run by Acocks Green garage, but this photo confirms several previous sightings I've seen when I used to work in Solihull, where I've seen the odd Yardley Wood Trident or Enviro 400 operating on it!

So what's the score? Do Yardley Wood sometimes 'help out' with the 5A if AG are short of a bus?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

jc

could just simply be a placing journey, to get the YW bus into the right area without having to run dead.

Stu

I used to work near Shirley (until November last year), and while I waited for the 6 or 76 in Solihull, I'd regularly see an AG President (which they used back then) on the 5A heading to the station, just after 8am. (Sometimes if I needed to be in work early, I'd get this 5A myself from Hall Green). If I waited long enough (when the 6 or 76 were late!), this same bus would then be back in the town centre operating as a normal 5 to Birmingham. But occasionally, I'd see a YW Enviro400 or Trident instead on this 5A.

It's also odd seeing a Trident with the 'full-size' Solihull on the display, as its normally only AG buses that show this on their routes to Solihull.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

D10

Quote from: Stu on June 22, 2012, 07:38:12 PM
I know that the 5A service is run by Acocks Green garage, but this photo confirms several previous sightings I've seen when I used to work in Solihull, where I've seen the odd Yardley Wood Trident or Enviro 400 operating on it!

So what's the score? Do Yardley Wood sometimes 'help out' with the 5A if AG are short of a bus?

YW are scheduled to routinely operate certain journeys on the 5A, hence the appearance of one of their vehicles on this otherwise AG route.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk