News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesbury to Brierley Hill: work starts next year

Started by Stu, October 04, 2016, 07:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

I read the article in the paper and it's to be built in phases which we guessed would have happened it's pretty much the the same as the Birmingham extension which was done in three stages.  

the trainbasher

Wasn't it originally meant to be done and dusted by the mid 00s

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

karl724223

Quote express and star for brierley hill extension.  NO MONEY 

Solo1

Tony

QuoteShould stick to the budget
So as the price of steel has risen considerably the should just buy what the budget allows and just have grooves in the tarmac for some of the way. Similarly not give the workforce a payrise to stay within budget? Only problem there is there's a shortage of skilled construction staff, so they will all leave and go onto other work

Ginger66

So 2022 is almost over and the line to wolvo station is still not open to the public

Ginger66

Why are the bridge replacements so slow between Dudley and Wednesbury?    This video  shows the Germans can replace one bridge in four days, yet it seams MMA seem to take a lot longer to do 

ellspurs

Quote from: Ginger66 on December 31, 2022, 03:08:27 PMWhy are the bridge replacements so slow between Dudley and Wednesbury?    This video shows the Germans can replace one bridge in four days, yet it seams MMA seem to take a lot longer to do
Well they aren't working through the night to do it; they're having to take a lot of additional precautions as people are still using the areas, they have time limits on when they can work on them because of the surrounding housing; the difficulty in getting goods to the sites and material off the sites because of the areas they are working in/supplier availability/truck availability. Lots and lots of other reasons as well.

I'm sure if they could go faster they would.

Ginger66

Regarding the road section from Dudley town center where it leaves the metro line next to the test facility and then rejoins the line.

Do you think in years to come the test facility line will be adapted so if need metro could continue if there was an issue on road section. So trams use the old Dudley railway tunnel to continue its journey to Brierley Hill and back to Wednesbury 

danny

Quote from: Ginger66 on April 02, 2023, 06:41:31 PMRegarding the road section from Dudley town center where it leaves the metro line next to the test facility and then rejoins the line.

Do you think in years to come the test facility line will be adapted so if need metro could continue if there was an issue on road section. So trams use the old Dudley railway tunnel to continue its journey to Brierley Hill and back to Wednesbury
Its an intresting point..  I asked this couple of years ago as I thought it would be useful if there was a section blocked however from what I can see in dudley Town it looks like the road sections will be on segregated track. 

On another note..  with work appearing to have started on the flood street/bus station section of the tracks, how long will it be before the bus Interchange begins being built... and does anyone have any idea if a temp bus station/terminus will be provided for buses while this work is being carried out?
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

the trainbasher

QuoteIts an intresting point..  I asked this couple of years ago as I thought it would be useful if there was a section blocked however from what I can see in dudley Town it looks like the road sections will be on segregated track.

On another note..  with work appearing to have started on the flood street/bus station section of the tracks, how long will it be before the bus Interchange begins being built... and does anyone have any idea if a temp bus station/terminus will be provided for buses while this work is being carried out?
Yes, there is one going to be provided.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

danny

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 14, 2023, 08:40:53 PMYes, there is one going to be provided.
Any idea where it will be or is it too early to say?? 
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

BK63 YWP

QuoteAny idea where it will be or is it too early to say??
Probably start soon as it needs to be ready for 2024 opening of the Dudley extension 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Roy

Quote from: danny on April 15, 2023, 09:38:38 PMAny idea where it will be or is it too early to say??
To quote the minutes of the March meeting of the WMCA Transport Delivery Committee, Dudley Bus Station is due to close September 2023 with services moved to temporary stands constructed on Tower Street.  Dudley Interchange expected to re-open December 2024 on the current programme.

karl724223

Dudley to brierley hill is being split up into three sections  the merry hill to brierley hill section has no funding yet arrival in  E&S says people will still need to use other means of transport

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk