News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva selling depot

Started by Solo1, June 25, 2016, 06:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Is there any truth in arriva Midlands  selling a depot apart
from Burton a former midland red one I have been told

Cheese

Quote from: Solo1 on June 25, 2016, 06:25:20 AM

Stafford and Wednesfield? September?

Bob

Not Cannock then?Selling Stafford wouldn't be like losing an operation if routes etc went to Cannock whereas Wednesfield  would

winston

Quote from: Cheese on June 25, 2016, 08:27:47 AM
Stafford and Wednesfield? September?

Stafford is just a token op these days, the only operator I would have thought that would be interested in Stafford would be D&G Bus.

Wednesfield would depend what routes would be included in the deal, I very much doubt the Centro tenders are worth much, probably the opposite for the ones secured in 2012 on a 5 year basis

Bob

Could be Cannock though. Given the moving out of buses specifically purchased for upgrade etc and replacement with old vehicles would suggest it's not making much  money

winston

Quote from: Bob on June 25, 2016, 10:25:28 AM
Could be Cannock though. Given the moving out of buses specifically purchased for upgrade etc and replacement with old vehicles would suggest it's not making much  money

They would probably get more for the Stafford ops if it came as a package complete with Cannock.

Bob

Well yea and Stafford technically don't exist no more

BN

Quote from: Solo1 on June 25, 2016, 06:25:20 AM

No Arriva Midlands site is being sold apart from the 1 the company is in talks about to close the deal.

Steveminor

That's not what I hear from a very reliable source. However since this is commercially sensitive information I will not reveal it.

SG

Quote from: Steveminor on June 25, 2016, 08:50:14 PM
That's not what I hear from a very reliable source. However since this is commercially sensitive information I will not reveal it.

I'd agree with BN, he's probably one of the most credible Arriva sources.

markcf83

Wouldn't it be wise to wait for official confirmation from Arriva as to what they intend to do? Speculation is just daft.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Bob

BN you said site, by site do you mean site and operation?

mranon

is wednesfield site owned or leased/rented?

LG

winston

Quote from: LG on June 28, 2016, 08:28:02 PM
Tamworth maybe?

Why would Arriva want to dispose of one of their better performing depots?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk