News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Interior Panels and lights

Started by Liberator9, June 17, 2012, 08:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

This is slightly random but never really thought about. On buses such as the EclipseUrbans  http://www.flickr.com/photos/74108043@N06/7227661056/sizes/k/in/photostream/
how are the interior lights changed. Do they take down the panels around or does the lights itself come off. Also with the panels how are they actually put on to the metal frame underneath, or is there some sort of material behind them?

Thanks in advance!

Stu

Probably clipped into place with panel clips.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

Are these clips those long pieces of plastic that overlap the light panels on some buses?

Stu

No, the clips are inside the panel, and push into the bodywork, to hold the panel in place, probably very similar to those that hold all the plastic mouldings inside cars in place.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

Thanks! I assume rattling on a bus comes from loose clips like this causing a looser panel?

Ashley

When 2012 entered service, one of the roof panels was hanging down for a while, it wasnt done by vandals because it was its first day in service, it was like that until christmas when it was put it correctly, on the topic of rattles, i was on a WN  trident the other day, cant think of the exact fleet number, just 45xx, and 3 of the upper deck windows were rattling like crazy

Liberator9

I also saw on Optare and Mercedes buses today that there is a metal lock type of "bolt". I saw elsewhere this is some sort of lock and key mechanism.

richie

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 17, 2012, 08:35:09 PM
Thanks! I assume rattling on a bus comes from loose clips like this causing a looser panel?

A lot of the rattles come from the hand rails where they are fitted in to the top on the older buses and Im yet to find a bus where the assault screen doesn't rattle they're terrible.

Ashley

4162 is the worst I can think of for rattles

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk