News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Oddities, defects, faults - things wrong with NX vehicles (Reports Only/No Comments)

Started by Ashley 60171, January 16, 2016, 11:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on July 28, 2017, 04:33:00 PM
4906 has got some pink graffiti over the name on the back
Goes with the branding!  :D

John

4849 missing part of the gold strip and the front name

4896 has had an entire new rear end so is missing the entire Pershore Road branding

4929 is missing the £2 Unlimited Travel on the upper deck front window

4932 is missing its lower deck rear window ticket branding

6809 missing its halo and name on the front

6813 is missing upper deck rear window branding

7033 missing its rear window ticket branding

V89MOA

Noticed yesterday 4448 still has the old blinds (was showing 70 rather than X70).

DJ

4194 had it's route number to the left of the destination on the 246 today, similar to how it was in the early 2000's on the tridents. It's been upgraded with an LED display though, so I doubt it's a remnant from that, rather it was probably just programmed wrong.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Quote from: DJ98 on August 02, 2017, 06:13:42 PM
4194 had it's route number to the left of the destination on the 246 today, similar to how it was in the early 2000's on the tridents. It's been upgraded with an LED display though, so I doubt it's a remnant from that, rather it was probably just programmed wrong.

It's the settings on the actual box that are wrong

DJ

Quote from: Tony on August 02, 2017, 06:27:31 PM
It's the settings on the actual box that are wrong

Huh, TIL. I thought it was decided when it was programmed in Helen / whatever the Mobitec software is, as I've always been able to set it through that for when I'm making blinds for Omsi.
Thanks for letting me know.  :)

Tony

Quote from: DJ98 on August 02, 2017, 06:31:57 PM
Huh, TIL. I thought it was decided when it was programmed in Helen / whatever the Mobitec software is, as I've always been able to set it through that for when I'm making blinds for Omsi.
Thanks for letting me know.  :)

When you get a new destination the settings on it match the side destination on the NXWM programme, that is why the numbers are on the wrong side and they normally only show final destination, not via points

DJ

Quote from: Tony on August 02, 2017, 06:45:07 PM
When you get a new destination the settings on it match the side destination on the NXWM programme, that is why the numbers are on the wrong side and they normally only show final destination, not via points

Ah, I get you. I'm pretty sure it was showing via points though in this case, but I could be wrong. Didn't get much chance to have a look as my 11 was pulling in.

John

4488s rear display not working

4907 is missing its upper deck front window Pershore Road branding

DJ

Quote from: DJ98 on August 02, 2017, 06:52:34 PM
Ah, I get you. I'm pretty sure it was showing via points though in this case, but I could be wrong. Didn't get much chance to have a look as my 11 was pulling in.

Was definitely showing the via points when I saw it in Dudley Bus Station this morning before 8AM, and again heading into Dudley at the top of Trindle Road this afternoon.

P419 EJW

2065 is missing a metal triangle piece in the middle of the Wright logo at the front.

V89MOA

Another two buses spotted this week with old route numbers still displaying, 4607 (70) and 4570 (3E).

Jack

4646 has no NX logo under the windscreen.

busboy31

6122 has a smaller logo

Westy

A quick question for the memory cells now.

Was there such things as 'oddities' in the Wmpte era, as nothing springs to mind?

The only ones I can think of in the West Midlands Travel era were the very obvious fleetname stickers.

'Oddities' to me at least would have started in the Travel West Midlands era with various rogue stripes on the B6's!

(Mods - If you think this has mileage on a separate thread, then move it. Dont delete for the sake of it please!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk