News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New fares 2016

Started by ARBB, December 04, 2015, 10:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARBB

A new off-peak daysaver for 4 pounds (down from 4.20 now)

"Upgrade" your off-peak daysaver by adding children for just a pound each (ie adult + child = 5 pounds)

Retain the popular £1 city hop and £8 family daysaver

In part responding to drivers' feedback, the 1.90 short hop is frozen, and becomes off-peak only; and there will be just one child fare of 1.15 at all times (ie no child short hop). Off-peak is defined as per OAPs: everything after 0930, and all day weekends

Peak daysaver increasing to £4.40, Single to £2.30, travelcards up 50p

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

ARBB

Liverpool Street

Quote from: pndriver on December 04, 2015, 11:34:09 AM
Yeah, in this week's business brief email

So in effect then the daysaver is £4 and people will throw in £2 without saying what ticket they want.

That well-abused city hop still exists I see.
"Any journey WITHIN the ring road - but you'll get away with maybe you know 3 or 4 stops outside the ringroad too "
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 04, 2015, 11:38:09 AM
So in effect then the daysaver is £4 and people will throw in £2 without saying what ticket they want.

"Any journey WITHIN the ring road - but you'll get away with maybe you know 3 or 4 stops outside the ringroad too "

Or to Coventry
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

So @pndriver does that mean in the peak hours, just to go one fare stage will be £2.30?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

ARBB

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 04, 2015, 01:24:22 PM
So @pndriver does that mean in the peak hours, just to go one fare stage will be £2.30?

I assume so, it'll disappoint the residents of wrens nest though. They pay £1.90 to go from wrens nest road to laurel road to get to the school. 4 stops when it would take less than 10 mins to walk.

ARBB

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 04, 2015, 11:38:09 AM

There's a few people pay £1 into city from broad street that are still on when you get to Quinton

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: pndriver on December 04, 2015, 01:38:17 PM
I assume so, it'll disappoint the residents of wrens nest though. They pay £1.90 to go from wrens nest road to laurel road to get to the school. 4 stops when it would take less than 10 mins to walk.

So for them it's an above 20% rise in fare.

No doubt NE will say that the decrease in the price of the off peak Daysaver balances out the rise in the fare.

However I cannot see how NE can justify keeping the £1 City Hop fare, it discriminates against everybody in the rest of the West Midlands, it's like they are saying we need to look good in Birmingham, so we will charge less, and sod the rest of the West Midlands.

Gareth

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 04, 2015, 01:51:37 PM
So for them it's an above 20% rise in fare.

No doubt NE will say that the decrease in the price of the off peak Daysaver balances out the rise in the fare.

However I cannot see how NE can justify keeping the £1 City Hop fare, it discriminates against everybody in the rest of the West Midlands, it's like they are saying we need to look good in Birmingham, so we will charge less, and sod the rest of the West Midlands.

There's cheaper fares in Coventry, cheaper bus passes and some cheaper fares in the Black Country. Does that discriminate me as a Birmingham resident? I live outside the city ring road, so I can't buy a city hop. Does that discriminate me too?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Gareth on December 04, 2015, 02:18:59 PM
There's cheaper fares in Coventry, cheaper bus passes and some cheaper fares in the Black Country. Does that discriminate me as a Birmingham resident? I live outside the city ring road, so I can't buy a city hop. Does that discriminate me too?

IMO, Yes to me it does.

If your are going to have a fare of £1 for what is normally 2/3 stages, then it should be across the whole of the NE operating area, not just in Birmingham.

To me this whole fare thing is out of date, they should go back to the old days and you get charged more for the greater the distance travelled.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 04, 2015, 02:27:03 PM
IMO, Yes to me it does.

If your are going to have a fare of £1 for what is normally 2/3 stages, then it should be across the whole of the NE operating area, not just in Birmingham.

To me this whole fare thing is out of date, they should go back to the old days and you get charged more for the greater the distance travelled.

Yeah £2 everywhere really.

Scrap all these fares.

How do you feel about this, Stuharris6360?
until it cought fire

Westy

Pay as you go fare?

Is that to do with the Swift cards?

Tony

Usual negative comments I see, Interesting that the first two are one complaining about not having a cheap short distance fare and another complaining because there is one!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk