News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yourbus - Routes A6Y/C6Y

Started by DC3, June 10, 2012, 06:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC3

Does anybody have any maps or route descriptions for the C6Y and A6Y?
I know that in most part it is the 76(A6)

Justin Tyme

C6Y ran City - Warwick Road - Solihull - current 76 route* to Kings Heath - Cotteridge - Northfield - Bristol Road - City, in a continuous loop.  A6Y ran the other way round.  Each ran every 20 minutes, Mon - Sat.

[The 76 route now slightly differs in Kings Heath].

I vaguely remember that about 13-14years ago that Yourbus used to run as far as Damsonwood, possibly even as far as the airport (unless that was the A6 route operated by TWM). I think it used to go as far as Birmingham, but I cant remember. Think it ran along the Stratford Road. I used to love going on the old Daf Ikarus!!

winston

Quote from: 966 on June 10, 2012, 10:26:28 PM
I vaguely remember that about 13-14years ago that Yourbus used to run as far as Damsonwood, possibly even as far as the airport (unless that was the A6 route operated by TWM). I think it used to go as far as Birmingham, but I cant remember. Think it ran along the Stratford Road. I used to love going on the old Daf Ikarus!!

There was a 38Y which went from the City Centre to the Airport, not sure which way it went though

monkeyjoe

I think all that happened when your bus was bought out. The Stratford road TWM 6 was extended to the airport but didn't last long.

MW

Quote from: Winston on June 10, 2012, 10:33:02 PM

There was a 38Y which went from the City Centre to the Airport, not sure which way it went though

It was probably identical to the TWM 38, which ran along Warwick Road and then to the Airport via Seven Star Road (I think).

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 10, 2012, 10:51:01 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel_Your_Bus

Having looked at the routes operated by Yourbus, the route I was thinking of, isnt on there. I remember catching the Daf Ikarus's several times as a youngster and it ran through the Damsonwood estate (Rowood Drive, Damson Lane etc...) and even the Lynx's too. Perhaps, it was after the 'takeover/re-branding' and they had not been repainted into TWM livery but I have never seen any Daf Ikarus's in TWM livery. Any ideas????

DC3

Quote from: Winston on June 10, 2012, 10:33:02 PM

The Damsonwood bit was the A6/76 by TWM.

The 38 route was Moor street, 37 route to AG, then Lincoln Road North, Barn Lane, Richmond Road, Olton Station, Castle Lane, Moordown Avenue, Ulleries Road, Lyndon Road, Melton Avenue, Hobs Moat Road then A45 the Int. Station then BHX

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk