News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pet hates

Started by Ginger66, January 25, 2019, 07:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Quote from: Solo1 on January 26, 2019, 09:26:27 PM
When they are seats but passengers still stand up rather than
sit down

Then when asked say they're getting off at the next stop, when they actually mean the terminus.

Reminds me of the old Arriva X31 I travelled on once. A passenger refused to sit down even when the driver told him it's illegal to stand on the motorway, a 15 minute stand off then took place until the bloke finally sat down.

Jack

I hate when passengers don't press the button for the bell when they are going to get off the bus, the driver isn't a mind reader, then they get childish to the driver when they pass the stop.

Another thing is people hogging bus seats with their shopping or belongings etc, like a few weeks back on the 4, which is always full now after Acocks Green towards Solihull, one elderly lady put her bags on the seat next to her and just left them there, a man boarded and said to the woman: "it's a seat, people want to sit on it". She didn't listen and hogged that seat all the way to Solihull.

I also hate when there's already a bus at the stop and the bus behind decides to just ignore you and drive past.

37351ml

When a bus is waiting time at a timing point and impatient passengers continually press the bell thinking this will get the bus moving. Frequently see this on Dudley road services by Summerfield park.

John

Quote from: 37351ml on January 28, 2019, 01:31:16 PM
When a bus is waiting time at a timing point and impatient passengers continually press the bell thinking this will get the bus moving. Frequently see this on Dudley road services by Summerfield park.

I turn the engine off when they do that. Most get the hint then 😂

MasterPlan

That annoys me too to be honest, I feel for the driver at that point.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

For anyone brave enough to confront someone over this, try helpfully pointing out that the 'Stop' button makes the bus 'stop', so the more they press it, the longer the bus will be 'stopped' for. ;)

Quote from: John on January 28, 2019, 02:33:31 PM
I turn the engine off when they do that. Most get the hint then 😂

Does that make the bell stop working? I recall a while back there was some fella annoying the hell out of everybody on the 11A in Acocks Green; first there was a wait at the Bus Garage stop on Westley Road while the drivers changed over, then a further wait at Acocks Green village because the bus was early. Some bloke who was obviously off his head on drugs, as he kept fidgeting, moving seats and talking to himself, kept banging the Stop button repeatedly, until the driver turned off the engine, then all the saloon lights went off, and the bell stopped sounding.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Coventry Transport Dude

Passengers putting their feet up on the seats is definitely one thing that annoys me, especially so if like somebody has already mentioned on here, if their shoes are either wet or covered in mud ? ("Wonder if they do that on their furniture at Home" ?).  People who take their dog on the Bus and put it up on the seat next to them, is another thing i hate, as the seat then ends up covered in dog hairs, that unfortunately stick to the clothes of the next passengers who happens to sit on that seat ?  It's even worse still, if the dog happens to be soaking wet, due to it raining outside ! (Why haven't some people just got the sense to keep their dog on the floor by their feet hey ?).

Passengers who don't say "THANK YOU" to the Driver when they get off is another annoyance, as politeness costs nothing and in a small way, it shows the Driver that their work taking that Passenger from A to B is appreciated !

Passengers who play loud music on the Bus is another pet hate, as it's usually some crap that involves a load of rapping and a dreadful tune, that no-doubt guarantees to give you a bad headache afterwards ???lol.  I heard one girl on her Mobile Phone recently, who was having a good old argument with someone on the other end of the phone, (shouting at the top of her voice she was !), complaining because they couldn't get her the drugs that she wanted when she wanted them ???  She was sitting not too far behind me upstairs when this happened, but from all the noise and fowl language coming out of her mouth, the Passengers sitting downstairs must have all clearly heard her as well that day !!!lol.

If some crack head happens to be sitting at the back of the Bus smoking away and blowing all the smoke forward in my direction, i just open the window next to me and try and freeze the bugger, especially if it's on a really cold day, when obviously you'd normally keep all the windows shut ! (Would rather be cold, than have to breath in anything that any crack head is smoking ?lol).

Regarding an overcrowded Bus, i've never really encountered that problem very often on my local 16 / 16A route here in Coventry and don't ever recall having to stand up on a Bus coming home from Town ?  The only time really where i've ever had to stand on a Bus, is when i've caught it from outside Coventry Station into Town, as some seats do end up with shopping bags / luggage on them and i just can't be bothered to ask the Passenger to move it, as it's only 5 minutes of standing for me anyway into Cov City Centre !  I remember on one occasion many years ago now, getting on a Leyland Lynx outside Coventry Station and it was just so overcrowded with standing passengers, that i thought "SOD THIS" and so i just climbed up into its luggage rack (directly behind the Drivers Cab !) and with my backside on the window ledge, i sat up in that luggage rack until i got off the Bus down in Pool Meadow !!!lol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk