News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Petition to get Diamond out of Redditch

Started by tank90, October 08, 2015, 10:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 18, 2016, 03:10:42 PM
Haha, what's he say?

Serious question,
Sorry but what is funny about That?

P419 EJW

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: WN on February 18, 2016, 03:51:29 PM
Serious question,
Sorry but what is funny about That?

@2206 @WN

The fact that a driver is telling passengers to hurry up whilst driving a solo.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 18, 2016, 06:20:14 PM
@2206 @WN

No. It is not funny. It is unprofessional to tell a paying passenger to hurry up.

tank90

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 18, 2016, 06:20:14 PM
@2206 @WN

You wouldn't be saying that if it was your Nan or Gran would you?!?!!
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Dom

Quote from: tank90 on February 18, 2016, 07:33:41 PM
You wouldn't be saying that if it was your Nan or Gran would you?!?!!

Plus the fact we do not know what the driver said. For all we know he could of been saying ''Hurry the f**k up you daft old bint'' Wouldn't be funny then either.

Cedric

over in Kidderminster  they wait  for people to sit down before moving off, and drivers are nice and polite
and over the last few months things are on time  (with in 5 mins)  which  is good condsidering all the roadworks
and road closures going on . the 3/x3  is  the one that is the one the gets held up the most by  the works .

I think the posts yesterday in  this Redditch thread  have got  a bit daft side.
take a look at this  I have just seen on diamonds site and there face book page   

diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

take a look at  post 1497  in the rotala  q&a thread   to see some more happigns in Redditch
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

PM

Quote from: Winston on February 27, 2016, 01:23:02 PM
Still making the headlines.....

http://redditchstandard.co.uk/news/child-fares-50-per-cent-diamond-hikes-prices/

http://bromsgrovestandard.co.uk/news/problems-diamond-buses-see-council-take-services-off-firm/

Both very, very misleading as per usual.

Are people for real needing extra hours to afford a 30p increase per day? I do not honestly believe that is the case.

No mention on their part of fares to Studley decreasing or fares available through PayZone/App being cheaper now.

Also no mention on their part of fares being about the cheapest in the whole of the UK at the same time when significant investment is going in.

I'm sure the residents of Tunnel Hill and the outskirts of Evesham, plus Romsley will remind Redditch's residents of the reality of what First was/is like, they're all about to find out they're left without buses!

Is there really nothing more interesting to report on in Redditch than Diamond Buses?

Dom

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on February 28, 2016, 10:21:06 AM
I do love the smell of BS in the morning. £2.20 day tickets and everyone cries wolf. What sort of place is this?

God help them if they were round here. Double the price they'd try and get NX, Arriva, Diamond and any other operator ran out of the midlands.

bensweeney14

More Redditch based buses breaking down yesterday..

YJ12GUD and YJ10MFZ both with Bonnet's up in Solihull yesterday...
Regards, Ben.
My Transport Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/92414404@N08/

j789

Quote from: DiamondDart on February 27, 2016, 01:58:40 PM

I'm sure the residents of Tunnel Hill and the outskirts of Evesham, plus Romsley will remind Redditch's residents of the reality of what First was/is like, they're all about to find out they're left without buses!

Is there really nothing more interesting to report on in Redditch than Diamond Buses?

Sorry I think you are very misleading with that statement - the changes that are happening in Worcester are to do with routes that clearly cannot support a commercial service at current levels, at least First have tried with these services. If a route doesn't pay, it will inevitably get cut - yes it is unfortunate for passengers but clearly not enough of them actually use the bus in the first place. My own view is that First doesn't take enough risks with new routes but ultimately, its not my money at stake.
First were far from great in Redditch but the problems mainly came BECAUSE of the competition from Diamond meaning investment wasn't made as there wasn't the profit margin to justify it. Diamond now have a monopoly and NO COMPETITION yet still have created the situation they have now, and things clearly are no better overall.
As for saying significant investment has been made, that is a joke, yes a few new buses have come in but how many clapped out Darts are still around the area? I see the Darts come into Worcester regularly and passenger comments in this area are not complimentary towards that company even with only a few services in the city. They have had 3 years to get their act together yet these problems still exist.
The fact is if any large operator moved into Redditch, Diamond would be gone within months - however, it doesn't seem like anyone else thinks the area is worth a punt so passengers will just have to have accept the current situation and learn to love Diamond, or walk!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk