News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Petition to get Diamond out of Redditch

Started by tank90, October 08, 2015, 10:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomf1993

Funny how Simon Dunn, no longer posts on this forum.

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on February 08, 2016, 09:53:02 AM
Glad that's become the general consensus, exaggerated, desperate nonsense to try to sell a flagging local paper and desperate Labour councillors determined to cause trouble for a Conservative-run WCC to make political hay!!

If you ask me, Diamond should look to make a complaint about the malicious and misleading nature of some of the articles that paper has been spouting over the past year or so.

Tomf1993

No, they are correct, we even has a ex Diamond driver on here who has told us many stories, which add up to so many that Ive heard from other drivers.

They need to fix up.

Cedric

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 08, 2016, 02:00:01 PM

he his proberly  to busy with his work ,  what we have to remember it is his  work  .  It's funny how Redditch people  just seam to have started complaining about  the services in the last  year , when diamond have been going  for a long time there  know it's only 3 years on there own  but they where in Redditch for a long time before
diamond 8\10/125/292

Tomf1993

I don't know about Redditch, never been their so don't know, Im on about Tividale Walsall routes, Ive told Simon my concerns and suggestions.

MW

To whoever is defending Diamond,

go to Redditch yourself, spend the day there, and travel on various vehicles.

Trust me, it's as bad as the press makes it out to be. (which is rare I know)

Edit: does anyone want a poor paying inspectors job at Diamond? http://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Diamond-Bus-Company/jobs/Traffic-Office-Inspector-efe9df2519b5bff7?q=Bus+Driver

Tomf1993

I would apply for that but they want people who have bus licence to cover trips etc 

StourportSam

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 08, 2016, 02:00:01 PM

He does, if asked a question on the Q+A thread.

StourportSam

Quote from: MW on February 08, 2016, 02:25:32 PM
To whoever is defending Diamond,

go to Redditch yourself, spend the day there, and travel on various vehicles.

Trust me, it's as bad as the press makes it out to be. (which is rare I know)

I get a taste of Redditch vehicles and drivers on a Sunday when said depot operates the 3/X3 in Kidderminster - can't say I've ever noticed any problems as a passenger.

I'm not defending Diamond in Redditch - I have no experience at all of their Redditch operations - but I was pointing out how persistent and misleading the headlines seem to be in the Redditch Standard.

Adam 404

Quote from: DiamondDart on February 08, 2016, 09:53:02 AM
Glad that's become the general consensus, exaggerated, desperate nonsense to try to sell a flagging local paper and desperate Labour councillors determined to cause trouble for a Conservative-run WCC to make political hay!!
Not selling it for me with poor sentences like this...
"Diamond Buses can't her get to work on time."
http://redditchstandard.co.uk/news/redditch-woman-fail-apprenticeship-thanks-diamond-bus/

Stu

Quote from: Adam 404 on February 08, 2016, 04:58:51 PM
Not selling it for me with poor sentences like this...
"Diamond Buses can't her get to work on time."
http://redditchstandard.co.uk/news/redditch-woman-fail-apprenticeship-thanks-diamond-bus/

Not wanting to defend Diamond either, but if she knows that she can't rely on the bus she wants to get her to work on time, why not try to catch an earlier bus instead?

A couple of years ago I used to be able to get a 37 at around 8:30am from Acocks Green and I could be in work in Sparkbrook ready for 9am. Over time, that wasn't happening, with the increasing levels of traffic congestion. So you know what I did? Instead of moaning to NX and the papers, I started getting an earlier bus, around 8:15am. OK granted, I'm my own boss now so I can't get myself into trouble for being late, but it's a matter of self-discipline.  :)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

tank90

Quote from: Stu on February 08, 2016, 06:32:50 PM
Not wanting to defend Diamond either, but if she knows that she can't rely on the bus she wants to get her to work on time, why not try to catch an earlier bus instead?

A couple of years ago I used to be able to get a 37 at around 8:30am from Acocks Green and I could be in work in Sparkbrook ready for 9am. Over time, that wasn't happening, with the increasing levels of traffic congestion. So you know what I did? Instead of moaning to NX and the papers, I started getting an earlier bus, around 8:15am. OK granted, I'm my own boss now so I can't get myself into trouble for being late, but it's a matter of self-discipline.  :)

If you read it she has and it has still been late.

Quote from: StourportSam on February 08, 2016, 04:23:43 PM
I get a taste of Redditch vehicles and drivers on a Sunday when said depot operates the 3/X3 in Kidderminster - can't say I've ever noticed any problems as a passenger.

I'm not defending Diamond in Redditch - I have no experience at all of their Redditch operations - but I was pointing out how persistent and misleading the headlines seem to be in the Redditch Standard.

You are basing your view of the Redditch garage on a Sunday for the rest of the week........ Ok well Sunday buses are good in the town it might be because they don't have as many routes and interworkings which means it is reliable. The rest of the week it can be a case of stand by a bus stop and hope for the best. I very very rarely catch a bus to work, I live and work in Redditch and work for Asda, because when I have I have been late even getting out for an 1hr before I need to. The many interworkings make the routes unreliable because it simply doesn't work.
Most media outlets jump on to a story and run with it but to say they have been hounding Diamond is a bit unfair. Rotala knew what they needed to do when they bought the garage in 2013 or when ever it was, and they didn't have enough buses and drivers at that time either. So in a way this has been slowly brewing since then, queue drivers leaving and you get what has happened. Diamond were very good when they had competition they were better and stood out as a very good operator and I have to say used them over First as they were on time and the drivers were very helpful. But now they have lost that USP and they need to sort it.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

jc

20833 - 51 - Driver verbally abusing Elderly lady for being too slow getting on the bus

tank90

Quote from: jc on February 18, 2016, 10:55:13 AM
20833 - 51 - Driver verbally abusing Elderly lady for being too slow getting on the bus

Doesn't surprise me as some of the drivers can be very rude even if you are polite to them.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Trident 4194

Quote from: jc on February 18, 2016, 10:55:13 AM

Haha, what's he say?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk