News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Redditch Service Changes

Started by sonic84, August 15, 2015, 02:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

I haven't spotted it posted on here yet but for those interested service changes to redditch are up on Diamond's website now.

Looks like 55,55H,56,56H are being replaced with;

circulars 47 & 48 running Redditch, Matchborough, Hospital, Crabbs Cross, Webheath, Redditch

55 running Redditch, Headless Cross, Oakenshaw, Hospital

And 67 will call into the hospital again and divert to Lakeside

57A and 58A will be replaced as covered by amendments to 47,48 & 67

tank90

Quote from: sonic84 on August 15, 2015, 02:04:09 PM
I haven't spotted it posted on here yet but for those interested service changes to redditch are up on Diamond's website now.

Looks like 55,55H,56,56H are being replaced with;

circulars 47 & 48 running Redditch, Matchborough, Hospital, Crabbs Cross, Webheath, Redditch

55 running Redditch, Headless Cross, Oakenshaw, Hospital

And 67 will call into the hospital again and divert to Lakeside

57A and 58A will be replaced as covered by amendments to 47,48 & 67

67 will only be partly replacing the 57A it doesn't cover Woodrow centre as for new 55 it doesn't serve all of Headless Cross a large part is not covered. 47 48 only serves the whole route every hour with the other terminating at the Alex.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

jc

Obviously i think the main aim of the new services 47 and 48 is to provide extra capacity over the busier section of the 57 and 58, i like the renumbering to 47 and 48 to identify these being to/from the Alex/Oakenshaw direction.

tank90

Quote from: jc on August 16, 2015, 07:40:00 AM
Obviously i think the main aim of the new services 47 and 48 is to provide extra capacity over the busier section of the 57 and 58, i like the renumbering to 47 and 48 to identify these being to/from the Alex/Oakenshaw direction.

Granted but is Mrs Holly who is forgetfull hard of sight going to want to get off the bus to check if she is still on the right bus to see her friend Mrs Grazer who lives in Winyates?

Answer is no but if there was a 47A or even making the non full route say 37 38 this wouldn't be a problem for Mrs Holly.
But poor Mrs Chinco of Mason Close  off of Mason Road who uses the 56H and 55H to go to Tesco to do her shopping every Tuesday and Friday can't as she can only just make the walk from the opposite end of Swinburne Road to her house as the walk is now from St Lukes Church down to Mason Close which is longer.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

tank90

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk