News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

chrome trident handles

Started by windy miller, June 08, 2012, 05:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: 4504 on June 09, 2012, 10:07:09 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 09, 2012, 05:34:26 PM
Is it me or am I failing to see a tree reflector. Dont tell me:there invisible ones!

It's you, the big white thing on top of the bus?

If you are on about the white box above the W in West Midlands, I think it is something from it's Primlines days in Coventry. Most of the 154* Mercedes have still got them.

There are no deflectors on single deckers that I am aware of! Most of Wolves Tridents have them on the N.S and they are effective and prevent damage happening to the actual bodywork. Some Trident will have water ingress from the top O.S where there are no deflectors possibly where a bus has had to change lanes to pass a parked car or road works and struck a low branch or obstacle that usually will be covered by a deflector in the normal line of travel. It is easier and more cost effective to replace a bent/damaged deflector than replace a glass pannel or patch a hole in the roof!!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

MW

Quote from: 4504 on June 09, 2012, 10:07:09 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 09, 2012, 05:34:26 PM
Is it me or am I failing to see a tree reflector. Dont tell me:there invisible ones!

It's you, the big white thing on top of the bus?

That looks like an air cooling/fan system. If that was a deflector, what on earth would it deflect?! Unless the bus goes under a collapsed tree, I can't see what it'd do.

PM

Haha thats not a tree deflector so I think its you actually.....

BU07 LGO

Quote from: 4006 on June 09, 2012, 10:49:01 PM
There are no deflectors on single deckers that I am aware of! Most of Wolves Tridents have them on the N.S and they are effective and prevent damage happening to the actual bodywork. Some Trident will have water ingress from the top O.S where there are no deflectors possibly where a bus has had to change lanes to pass a parked car or road works and struck a low branch or obstacle that usually will be covered by a deflector in the normal line of travel. It is easier and more cost effective to replace a bent/damaged deflector than replace a glass pannel or patch a hole in the roof!!

I remember some of the 43XX i think Tridents had them as well when new? Also why did 4475 and 4480 gain deflectors after a few months in service but not new? seems strange how just two of them gained the deflectors! 4480' is missing the top part!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk