News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igogeneral

Quote from: Stu on January 07, 2024, 04:23:43 PMMany smaller operators choose not to paint their buses and leave them 'dealership white', Kevs, Landflight and Solus also spring to mind.

The TfWM Enhanced Partnership document states the following with regards to vehicle livery:
You cannot view this attachment.

If Lets Go choose to keep their vehicles plain white, then as long as they display their logos, then they are doing nothing wrong.
Sorry but Kev's only have two new vehicles not in Kev's full livery and they will be in the next week or so. This has been due to the Christmas break and one vehicle being on loan from Dawsons awaiting delivery of a Mellor vehicle

Rachvince53

Is it safe for a bus with passengers on board to overtake a slow moving vehicle (in this case a learner) on the wrong side of the road at speed? This is what happened to me today on a Let's Go bus. 

BK63 YWP

Depends on the speed of the learner, if it's safe to overtake you can but I wouldn't overtake unless the vehicle was coming to a stand 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 19, 2024, 05:03:46 PMIs it safe for a bus with passengers on board to overtake a slow moving vehicle (in this case a learner) on the wrong side of the road at speed? This is what happened to me today on a Let's Go bus.
A few Driving instructors on YouTube say that Bus Drivers and Learners have respect for each other as the Learner usually leaves a big gap for the driver to pull out from the bus stop and often hold back traffic to stop them overtaking. The Bus Drivers in return usually let them through at a Give way or narrow part of the road ie Parked Cars, tight Junctions they let the learner through to and yeah. Most Buses I've been on do not overtake learner's on the road. If the Learner was stopping which I assume based on at Speed they weren't then the bus driver will slow down, hang back before overtaking. Happened a few times on Moxley Road on the 79. So if the driver did overtake at speed on the wrong side then that could be considered dangerous. Do you know the learner company, there is on YouTube locally that might have Cameras if you feel it was dangerous to make a report. No Bus Driver ever overtakes anything at Speed, Wrong Side of the road sometimes sure but that's why most slow down and hang back to make sure it is safe.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Rachvince53

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on January 19, 2024, 09:44:17 PMA few Driving instructors on YouTube say that Bus Drivers and Learners have respect for each other as the Learner usually leaves a big gap for the driver to pull out from the bus stop and often hold back traffic to stop them overtaking. The Bus Drivers in return usually let them through at a Give way or narrow part of the road ie Parked Cars, tight Junctions they let the learner through to and yeah. Most Buses I've been on do not overtake learner's on the road. If the Learner was stopping which I assume based on at Speed they weren't then the bus driver will slow down, hang back before overtaking. Happened a few times on Moxley Road on the 79. So if the driver did overtake at speed on the wrong side then that could be considered dangerous. Do you know the learner company, there is on YouTube locally that might have Cameras if you feel it was dangerous to make a report. No Bus Driver ever overtakes anything at Speed, Wrong Side of the road sometimes sure but that's why most slow down and hang back to make sure it is safe.
Unfortunately I didn't notice the name of the driving instructor company. This bus driver always drives fast and at the point of overtaking was practically on the back seat of the car. It was on the approach to a bend and side roads. 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 19, 2024, 09:48:36 PMUnfortunately I didn't notice the name of the driving instructor company. This bus driver always drives fast and at the point of overtaking was practically on the back seat of the car. It was on the approach to a bend and side roads.
I'd report it if you feel it is dangerous 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

B7RLE

Decided to try out the 11 today for 4 hours, and I witnessed 3 incidents involving this operator. The first one was of a driver messing with the ticketer, which usually isn't something I care about. However, I could see that he had his full concentration on the ticketer and wasn't really paying much attention to the road. If a car pulled out of a drive, this would've been an accident.  An hour later on another bus, the driver noticed an NX 11 at the Underhill terminus stop. This caused him to turn onto Wildtree Avenue as normal, then reverse up and turn right to go back to Wolverhampton, skipped the Underhill terminus and another stop. Then just a few minutes ago, there was a TEX 11 parked where 11s tend to park, on Wildtree Avenue just around the corner from the Underhill terminus. An NX 11 turned onto the road, and began to attempt an overtake of the TEX one. With no indication at all, the TEX driver hit the throttle and pulled out to beat NX to the terminus stop, causing the NX driver to blast the horn. I knew Travel Express/Lets Go were bad, I'd saw and heard it a few times, but are they really THIS bad this often or did I catch them on a bad day?

spacecowboy150

Quote from: B7RLE on February 09, 2024, 02:24:02 PMDecided to try out the 11 today for 4 hours, and I witnessed 3 incidents involving this operator. The first one was of a driver messing with the ticketer, which usually isn't something I care about. However, I could see that he had his full concentration on the ticketer and wasn't really paying much attention to the road. If a car pulled out of a drive, this would've been an accident.  An hour later on another bus, the driver noticed an NX 11 at the Underhill terminus stop. This caused him to turn onto Wildtree Avenue as normal, then reverse up and turn right to go back to Wolverhampton, skipped the Underhill terminus and another stop. Then just a few minutes ago, there was a TEX 11 parked where 11s tend to park, on Wildtree Avenue just around the corner from the Underhill terminus. An NX 11 turned onto the road, and began to attempt an overtake of the TEX one. With no indication at all, the TEX driver hit the throttle and pulled out to beat NX to the terminus stop, causing the NX driver to blast the horn. I knew Travel Express/Lets Go were bad, I'd saw and heard it a few times, but are they really THIS bad this often or did I catch them on a bad day?
Im pretty sure theyre trying to keep ahead of the NX bus at whatever cost which is common with independants

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on February 09, 2024, 02:59:32 PMIm pretty sure theyre trying to keep ahead of the NX bus at whatever cost which is common with independants
Thandi did it in Darlaston or at least the old Sandwell Travel drivers did. If the 34 or 39 was on stand they would avoid the middle stop Stand DB I think and use the 79 stops to pull out in front. I remember Sandwell Travel offering me and my dad to use there bus with an NX bus Pass. Travel Express usually like to hold up the NX1 and overtake where it can. TE do seem popular with some of the College Students and School Kids but the majority all have College issued Bus Passes for the NX1 and I had a Daysaver as I caught the 79 and 1/10 to College. Banga don't seem to be bad whenever the 891 turns up before the NX1. But Banga do seem busier than the TE1 at times. Banga also Run to Telford and are limited Stop to Wolverhampton I think it misses our Chapel Ash. Although I have caught one from there when the TE1 during the NX bus strikes didn't bother turning up. So yes some Operators do it, some don't depends on the Driver or Company I guess. Some don't overtake but rather hold up the NX bus at bus stops
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Rachvince53

As I've mentioned in a previous post about Let's Go, according to one driver if a regular driver or bus is unavailable for the contract routes (63/64/65/303) they will take a bus and/or driver off their commercial routes as they get paid to run the contract and would lose money otherwise.  

As for the stops in Chapel Ash, although 891 was added to the list of services on the stop flag this seems to have been an oversight by TfWM as the 891 doesn't stop there.

Quote from: Rachvince53 on February 11, 2024, 01:03:29 PMAs I've mentioned in a previous post about Let's Go, according to one driver if a regular driver or bus is unavailable for the contract routes (63/64/65/303) they will take a bus and/or driver off their commercial routes as they get paid to run the contract and would lose money otherwise. 

As for the stops in Chapel Ash, although 891 was added to the list of services on the stop flag this seems to have been an oversight by TfWM as the 891 doesn't stop there.
What's the 891 have to do with Let's Go its a completely different company...
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: 900 on February 11, 2024, 01:29:31 PMWhat's the 891 have to do with Let's Go its a completely different company...
I mentioned it as I was comparing there antics and Banga and TE both run on the Tettenhall Road where I see there antics. So that person was possibly responding to I believe the Banga bus is limited stop so is busier than the TE1 therefore they don't block the NX1 where was the TE1 tries to block and undercut the NX1
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Tony

Travel Express are up before the TC next month 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Tony on March 22, 2024, 09:56:19 PMTravel Express are up before the TC next month
What for Is the dangerous driving highlighted, there veichles seem Ok, Timetable on the number 1 was fictional and during the NX bus Strikes they decided not to run at all in the directions I needed
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Jay71

I keep on reading bad things about TE. I use the 303 on a daily basis. Never had any problems with it. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk