News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

580 Rugby service (ex Igo)

Started by Sandy Lane, April 01, 2019, 05:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Is this the first time NXC has run a service to Rugby?

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Sandy Lane on April 01, 2019, 05:05:57 PM

Yes it is. West Midlands Travel and WMPTE didn't reach Rugby either.

t.w.moore

Lets clear this item up...the former Igo sertvice 539 is, Coventry Pool Meadow, Finham, Baginton, Cubbington, Stareton, Royal Show Site, Stoneleigh Village to Kenilworth. Coventry depot began operating this service from Monday last April 1st. I have seen a red and white Coventry based Volvo on the service. There are nice pictures to take on many areas of this scenic bus route including Baginton Mill Bridge, Stoneleigh bridge and village and Kenilworth clock to note. And it's worth a ride on the bus too....its not an April fools joke!.

Quote from: t.w.moore on April 03, 2019, 07:41:38 PM
I have seen a red and white Coventry based Volvo on the service.
Would have been a red and white Alexander Dennis E200, not a Volvo.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on April 01, 2019, 05:05:57 PM
Ah wrong route  number quoted. Should it read 580 to Rugby and not 539?

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Sandy Lane on April 03, 2019, 10:24:30 PM
Ah wrong route  number quoted. Should it read 580 to Rugby and not 539?

Correct - it's 580 to Rugby and 539 to Kenilworth.  Some peak hour journeys on the 580 follow part of the 539 route to serve Baginton and Bubbenhall before moving on to the normal 580 route at Ryton.

t.w.moore

Is the 580 and 539 services a short term descision to help out until tenders are sought at a later date? I have photographed the 539 service on two occassions with red and white  Dennis 200 SN64 ODM  the bus working on the service each time. On Wednesday I will be in Rugby for the 580 and a couple of villages..there's 11 villages on the way or return  expecting to see another red and white Dennis of the same batch. Anyone else photographing these services? 

Jack6101

Quote from: t.w.moore on April 09, 2019, 04:10:44 PM
Is the 580 and 539 services a short term descision to help out until tenders are sought at a later date? I have photographed the 539 service on two occassions with red and white  Dennis 200 SN64 ODM  the bus working on the service each time. On Wednesday I will be in Rugby for the 580 and a couple of villages..there's 11 villages on the way or return  expecting to see another red and white Dennis of the same batch. Anyone else photographing these services? 
I belive it's the 2 red and white E200s allocated to run this
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

mikestone

Blue 871 on 580 today.
;
Red 837 on 539.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk