News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: toomas2212 on August 01, 2023, 11:45:25 AMFollowing on from what some people have said already, I can now confirm Greenbus is no more
So all services have finished with immediate effect then? If so hopefully TFWM can put up a service notice on the website to, for the people who used green bus.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

hlliwmai

Quote from: toomas2212 on August 01, 2023, 11:45:25 AMFollowing on from what some people have said already, I can now confirm Greenbus is no more

For those that can't work it out, this is also why Birmingham busworks latest post is advertising over 50 buses available, this is old Greenbus vehicles a lot of which have already had interest before being out up officially for sale

They've gone bust? 

Coventrybususer95

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

cris 99

The meeting was literally half hour ago give them chance  :angry: :angry:
17//72/73/97/X12

Danthebusman

For those that can't work it out, this is also why Birmingham busworks latest post is advertising over 50 buses available, this is old Greenbus vehicles a lot of which have already had interest before being out up officially for sale
RIP Greenbus, never used them but i could tell they were a decent operator from some of the comments on this thread, especially in the 2010s with their diverse fleet

ARBB

I work at The Green Bus, this is not the case at all. Birmingham Busworks is expanding in size, The Green Bus is reducing in size.

Tony

The managing Director of The Green Bus has just spoken to me on the phone to confirm what PN driver has just posted that

The Green Bus is reducing in size, but is not closing.

Birmingham Busworks is expanding with them expecting to do a lot of sales of second hand vehicles

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on August 01, 2023, 12:42:39 PMThe managing Director of The Green Bus has just spoken to me on the phone to confirm what PN driver has just posted that

The Green Bus is reducing in size, but is not closing.

Birmingham Busworks is expanding with them expecting to do a lot of sales of second hand vehicles
Just a simple case of diversifying and adapting to the changing face of the bus industry. As the bus operation is reducing, it is simply drawing on its years of engineering and sales experience to provide a different offering.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people jump to the absolutely wrong conclusions just because an operator is selling vehicles - something it's been doing for a good 10 years!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Solo1

Which buses from the green bus are for sale 

cris 99

All the Gemini's most have already left 
17//72/73/97/X12

Wumpty

Quote from: Solo1 on August 01, 2023, 03:28:12 PMWhich buses from the green bus are for sale
Shop Archive - Birmingham Busworks (thebusworks.co.uk)

This is the link to sales - only shows the ex NXWM B7RLEs, though there are others for sale upon enquiry.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Michael Bevan

All of the social media accounts for The Green Bus have disappeared...Although according to Companies House, the company is still active.

ARBB

Quote from: Michael Bevan on August 26, 2023, 03:39:02 PMAll of the social media accounts for The Green Bus have disappeared...Although according to Companies House, the company is still active.
They've been gone since February

Coventrybususer95

There's people asking about school runs 

Have the green bus not told anybody that there downsizing 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Secondary trigger 28

The green bus has just informed there  customers   today that  they are withdrawing there  school routes and refunding there customers that bought a bus pass

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk