News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetline6477

Quote from: ntw456 on December 24, 2022, 05:02:11 PMThats funny since select took on the 242 we have been taking at least 100 a day
I think Select are operating more journeys plus passenger numbers will have increased as we've moved further away from COVID lockdowns and restrictions.

Just read they could potentially cover some NX services outside school times and have offered this to TFWM. Think this would be a good solution temporarily.
Could cover the 94 and a few others hopefully.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Am I correct in thinking 871 is a registered local bus service as the website say available to the general public. And people can therefore use these during the strikes as well?
Does this mean they accept concession passes as well? Or are there any local bus services that don't accept these?
I see from the website you can purchase a £3.60 adult single through the app?
https://mytrip.today/tickets/product-category/22b0470c-eec9-5af7-9153-cf67b8405404
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Rachvince53

Quote from: 2206 on March 21, 2023, 11:14:45 AMAm I correct in thinking 871 is a registered local bus service as the website say available to the general public. And people can therefore use these during the strikes as well?
Does this mean they accept concession passes as well? Or are there any local bus services that don't accept these?
I see from the website you can purchase a £3.60 adult single through the app?
https://mytrip.today/tickets/product-category/22b0470c-eec9-5af7-9153-cf67b8405404
It does state that ALL services are open to the general public including the 871.  This applies at any time not just during the strike. (The services were closed to the general public during lockdown). As for what passes are accepted, I would suggest you contact The Green Bus for clarification. 

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 21, 2023, 01:01:15 PMIt does state that ALL services are open to the general public including the 871.  This applies at any time not just during the strike. (The services were closed to the general public during lockdown). As for what passes are accepted, I would suggest you contact The Green Bus for clarification.
Was a nice driver. But maybe good if he does not smoke while carrying children and driving in service along Coventry Road and Muntz Street in Small Heath.
Also maybe good to cut the route into 2 separate ones some of these children are spending 2.5 hours trying to get to their destination.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 2206 on March 21, 2023, 06:21:10 PMWas a nice driver. But maybe good if he does not to smoke while carrying children and driving in service along Coventry Road and Muntz Street in Small Heath.
Also maybe good to cut the route in 2 separate ones some of these children are spending 2.5 hours trying to get to there destination.
Smoking?

Is that not against the law and a stackable offence
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

ellspurs

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 21, 2023, 06:46:17 PMSmoking?

Is that not against the law and a stackable offence
Very stackable.

tjwpsv

Does anyone know what's happened to (418) SN56 AHC, please? It's still on Tony's fleet list, but shows on the DVLA as 'untaxed' from 31May22, with a new v5 issued 12/22, suggesting to me that it may no longer be with them.

I'm assuming there's no truth in these comments? With most of their services being commercial as well, don't they have to give TFWM the standard 70 days notice when cancelling a service, especially those which run solely in the TFWM area as well?
Green Bus services withdrawn in Birmingham | RailUK Forums (railforums.co.uk)
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on April 10, 2023, 05:07:11 PMI'm assuming there's no truth in these comments? With most of their services being commercial as well, don't they have to give TFWM the standard 70 days notice when cancelling a service, especially those which run solely in the TFWM area as well?
I thought it was 56 days notice?

Besides, most of their services are closed-door and not available to the public anyway. Without knowing exactly which services are being withdrawn its hard to do any further digging.

What I found more interesting is that The Green Bus appear to have totally disappeared from social media - or all three of the links on their website are broken!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on April 10, 2023, 06:12:44 PMI thought it was 56 days notice?

Besides, most of their services are closed-door and not available to the public anyway. Without knowing exactly which services are being withdrawn its hard to do any further digging.

What I found more interesting is that The Green Bus appear to have totally disappeared from social media - or all three of the links on their website are broken!
TFWM says 70.
https://www.tfwm.org.uk/who-we-are/what-we-do/bus-services/bus-service-registrations-within-the-west-midlands/#:~:text=Operators%20wishing%20to%20submit%20bus%20service%20registrations%20that,an%20account%20will%20receive%20an%20invitation%20by%20email.

They're all listed on the website as  available to the public other than the 2 coventry ones. Though they charge higher fares than the standard TFWM rate. £3.60 single and £6.00 return.
And yes they disappeared from social media  in the last few weeks.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ARBB

Quote from: 2206 on April 10, 2023, 05:07:11 PMI'm assuming there's no truth in these comments? With most of their services being commercial as well, don't they have to give TFWM the standard 70 days notice when cancelling a service, especially those which run solely in the TFWM area as well?
They had 70 days notice. 

Also quite easy to work out which services have been cancelled by looking on the website  :lipsrsealed:

ARBB

Quote from: tjwpsv on March 22, 2023, 07:35:48 PMDoes anyone know what's happened to (418) SN56 AHC, please? It's still on Tony's fleet list, but shows on the DVLA as 'untaxed' from 31May22, with a new v5 issued 12/22, suggesting to me that it may no longer be with them.
Still in the yard at Miller Street.

hlliwmai

Now then I wonder if this means they're on the brink of collapse maybe?...I'll probably get hatred for this but it'll be no great loss if that happens... 

ARBB

Quote from: hlliwmai on April 10, 2023, 07:11:48 PMNow then I wonder if this means they're on the brink of collapse maybe?...I'll probably get hatred for this but it'll be no great loss if that happens...
Selling passes for September services and out on rail replacement today. I'd highly doubt it. 6 services cancelled because of passenger loads. Caused by catchment areas. One service had 14 passengers whereas others have 80+

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk