News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Say if centro was to put a questionnaire out?

Started by leewhayward29, October 18, 2014, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leewhayward29

Saying where would you have the midland metro go to in the west midlands and Staffordshire?

Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

Cheese

Quote from: leewhayward29 on October 18, 2014, 06:20:55 PM
Saying where would you have the midland metro go to in the west midlands and Staffordshire?

...it would be a pretty silly idea.  And why would Centro try to impose something on a neighbouring authority.  Oh, hang on...

the trainbasher

They can subsidise any rail service up to a specific distance from their border. Mersey PTE do that with the trains to Chester

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stevo

Are you sure that MPTE actually subsidises services in Cheshire and Lancashire (to Ormskirk). I presumed it was those councils who subsidised Merseyrail electrics in their areas.

Bob

Id have em extend n bus to the cannock services that go to walsall wolves etc...they do it in Codsall which comes under staffordshire

Steveminor

The nbus area is not decided by centro but by the nbus working party which is made up of several bus operators. I believe it is NXWM, Arriva, Stagecoach & a voted representative of the smaller operators (I think it's decourcey at the moment). I think that Banga & NX wanted the  nnetwork pass to extend here as it gave them extra income. It's hard to see Arriva wanting to lose cash revenue on their services unless they had serious competition on those corridors & wanted the extra few pence the nbus would give them.

As to the question of the centro survey, I wouldn't waste my time as decisions like that have already been made regardless of public opinion. I refer you to every bus review that has happened in recent years. (How many people do you think said " I hate all these 3s or 4s in front of the route number please get rid of then")

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk