News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

WMPTE Running Schedule Clipboard

Started by Tony S, August 31, 2014, 07:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony S

Hi,

I've recently acquired an old bus running schedule clipboard that the WMPTE drivers used to use to let them know where they should be and at what time.

The one I have has the numbers 11 06 on the back of it, does anyone know (a) what these numbers denote and (b) what garage this bus would have come out of?

Personally, I think that this denotes that it is bus no. 6 running on the no.11 bus route, can someone confirm this or advise otherwise?

And maybe out of PB or AG?

I would be interested to find out.

Regards
Tony.

Stuharris 6360

You are correct it was from the 11, running number 6. Which garage it belonged to depends on which year it is from, because PB & AG have both operated the 11.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony S

Hi Stuharris 6360,

Thanks for your response and confirming my thoughts.

Unfortunately I don't know the exact year, I just know that they were used by WMPTE as I can remember seeing them in the windscreen of the Fleetlines through the 1980's.

At least we've narrowed it down to 2 garages though  ;)

Regards
Tony

Stuharris 6360

Firstly forgot my manners, welcome to the forum Tony S.

I am wondering have just two garages only ever operated the 11, did Selly Oak operate it at one time or is it my imagination, certainly in WMPTE days am sure that more than 2 garages operated it?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

j789

Hockley garage also had some running boards on the 11 during the 1990's (remember seeing the 'operated by Hockley garage' labels on the drivers doors when the buses used to have them) so may have also had boards in earlier days too. Also, didn't Harborne garage also have some in WMPTE days?

Tony S

Hi all,

I have just dug out a book on the Outer Circle Route that I own and it advises that at one time or another especially during peak times that Washwood Heath, Hockley, Quinton, Lea Hall & Cotteridge all put buses out onto the 'Circle'.

But it's main service providers were indeed Perry Barr, Acocks Green, Harborne & Selly Oak.

Regards
Tony

Tony S

Oh sorry Stuharris 6360,

Forgot to add to my last post, thanks for the welcome.  :)

Kind Regards
Tony

lynx1103

Quote from: j789 on August 31, 2014, 09:03:07 PM
Hockley garage also had some running boards on the 11 during the 1990's (remember seeing the 'operated by Hockley garage' labels on the drivers doors when the buses used to have them) so may have also had boards in earlier days too. Also, didn't Harborne garage also have some in WMPTE days?

I think this was due to large transfers of Metrobus mk1s transferring to Perry Barr
Around 1998-1999 to replace existing Perry Barr examples. I remember the garage operated by
On drivers doors started around 1997 but seemed to end by 2000.

Stuharris 6360

Wasn't at one time, the garage operated by shown on the windscreen on the other side of the radio call sign sticker?

Tony S

Hi lynx1103,

Wasn't the driver's door sticker indicating what garage the bus came from, part of the change that also included changing the WM Travel main side logo to include the name of the garage too?

Regards
Tony.

Gareth

The 'Operated by ........garage' on cab doors came at around the time the rebrand to TWM came in. Large scale use of the green windscreen garage codes finished with the rebrand to WM Buses in 1994, although I believe Park Lane in particular carried on using them.

Solo1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 31, 2014, 08:10:12 PM
You are correct it was from the 11, running number 6. Which garage it belonged to depends on which year it is from, because PB & AG have both operated the 11.
Didn't Perry  Barr run the 11c & Acocks Green
run the 11a till it all moved to Acocks Green

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Solo1 on August 31, 2014, 10:04:43 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 31, 2014, 08:10:12 PM
Didn't Perry  Barr run the 11c & Acocks Green
run the 11a till it all moved to Acocks Green
This was the case for a number of years in West Midlands Travel days before the 11C was transferred to Acocks Green.

In WMPTE days, the 11 was shared between Acocks Green, Perry Barr and Harborne garages, 7 days a week.  Other garages ran short workings at peak times (possibly only on schooldays) - certainly Yardley Wood and Quinton did - but I would guess these were on other route running boards.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk